Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Bats are often misunderstood or sometimes even feared by humans. Yet this amazing creature plays a huge part in keeping the insect population down and has a natural radar built in to guide it at night. Keep reading to discover some interesting facts about bats or alternatively download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- Bats are the only mammals that are able to fly and their extremely long fingers are connected.
- The smallest bat has a body that is about 1 inch long and the largest bat has wings that span 6 feet.
- There are over 1,000 species of bats, and they can be found worldwide – which is almost one quarter of all mammal species.
- They can be found in every biome except for the polar regions and extreme deserts.
- They are a long-living mammal, and some bats can live to be thirty years old.
- Bats live in caves, buildings, trees and the crevices of rocks.
- They fly at night and use echolocation to find food and travel safely. Bats send out sounds that bounce off objects and travel
- back to them and can tell the size of the object and how far away it’s located.
- A baby bat is called a pup, and the mother bat usually only has one baby at a time. The pups are born and cared for in
- colonies where the female bats gather together. The male bats do not participate in caring for the pups.
- Bats are extremely important to the ecosystem – 70% of all bats eat millions of insects each night.
- Bats feed on fruit, nectar, fish, small birds, lizards, frog and other bats. There are even two species of vampire bats. They live in South America and feed on blood.
- The greatest threat to bats are people. Many people fear bats and try to destroy them but since bats play a huge role in keeping the insect population under control, it is very important they are protected.
This bundle contains 10 ready-to-use Bat Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more Bats which are often misunderstood or sometimes even feared by humans. Yet this amazing creature plays a huge part in keeping the insect population down and has a natural radar built in to guide it at night.
Download includes the following worksheets
- Bat Facts
- Quick Quiz
- Defeating the Myth
- Bat Anatomy
- Life of a Bat
Bats Around the World
- Mystacina Miocenalis
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Bat Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 25, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.