- Dogs belong to the canine family, which includes: coyotes, dogs, foxes, jackals, and wolves.
- All dogs are direct descendants of wolves and are classified as omnivores (animals that eat plants and animals.)
- Dogs are the oldest known domesticated animal.
- There are more than 200 types of pure bred dogs.
- Dogs senses are far superior to human senses.
- Dogs have three eyelids.
- There are over 4,000,000 dogs in the world.
- An average litter consists of about six puppies.
- Dogs are valued for their intelligence.
- Dogs are grouped into the following categories: Sporting, Hounds, Working, Terriers, Toys, Non-Sporting, Herding and Service.
All About Dogs and Puppies
American Kennel Club
AMVA: Care for Pets
Animal Pet Doctor
Animal Planet: Dog Directory
Dog Image Search
Dog of the Day
Dog Owner’s Guide
Dog Play – Fun With Your Dog
Dog Training Basics
Dog World Magazine
Golden Retriever Club of America
Great Dog Site
Guide Dog of America
How to Love Your Dog
Idiatrod Official Website
Long Live Your Dog
Loving Paws: Assistance Index
Nature: Sled Dogs
Pet Care Library
What Dog Breed is Right for You?