Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
A pet is an animal that people keep for companionship and enjoyment. Most often people keep their pets in their home, but some pets may be kept in a stable or outdoor enclosure depending on the type of animal. See the fact file below for more information on Pets or alternatively download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Facts About Pets
- Many different kinds of pets can be found throughout the world.
- Some people have dogs, cats and birds. Others have hamsters, guinea pigs and lizards. Some even have mice, rats, snakes and spiders. Many people have fish.
- Horses, sheep and pigs are considered pets by some people. Some even keep chickens, ducks and rabbits as pets.
- A pet doesn’t necessarily live in the house. They can live in a stable, corral or outdoor enclosure of some kind.
- There is now a medically-approved class of “therapy animals,” mostly dogs, who are brought to visit people who are homebound or in nursing homes and rehabilitation centers.
- Dogs and monkeys have been trained to assist people who are challenged in some physical way. Seeing-eyed dogs assist their blind owners and other dogs will alert their deaf owner when the phone is ringing or when someone comes to the door. There are even dogs that have been trained to known when their owner is going to have a seizure.
- Some pets also spend time working to help the people who own them.
- There are dogs that hold down jobs such as working with police departments to locate criminals, lost people and detect drugs or explosives. While these dogs are working they are considered to be a valued partner to their trainer. The trainer usually takes them home and they become a member of the family.
- All pets require work. No one should consider having a pet unless they are prepared to take on the responsibility of caring for it.
- The pet food and supplies is a muti-million dollar industry.
- Having a pet has been known to make people happier and healthier.
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Pets Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about man’s friendly companions. Did you know? There is now a medically-approved class of “therapy animals,” mostly dogs, who are brought to visit people who are homebound or in nursing homes and rehabilitation centers. Learn more about it through these worksheets.
Download includes the following worksheets
- Pet Facts
- Pet List
- Eagle Eye
- My Pet
- Pet knowledge
- Pet Care
- Pet Match
- Exotic Reminders
Pets at Work
- Pet Jumble
- Housing my Pet
- Digital Pets
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Household Pet Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 30, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.