Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Batman is a fictional superhero created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger. Originally named Bat-Man in 1939, the character first appeared in Detective Comics #27. Batman appeared in comic books in the United States published by DC Comics. Batman was nicknamed the Dark Knight, the Caped Crusader, and the World’s Greatest Detective.
See the fact file below for more information on the Batman or alternatively, you can download our 23-page Batman worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Batman’s secret persona is Bruce Wayne.
- Bruce Wayne is a wealthy American businessman whose parents (Dr. Thomas and Martha Wayne) were murdered when he was eight years old.
- He is the owner of Wayne Enterprises.
- When his parents were murdered in front of him, he swore to take revenge against the killers.
- Despite not having supernatural powers, Bruce Wayne undergoes self-training for physical and intellectual strength.
- In a fictional city called Gotham, Batman lives with his butler Alfred Pennyworth.
- Batman embodies the character of a bat and wears a tech-powered batsuit.
- Batman is agile, intelligent, stealthy, and adaptable.
- Batman invents gadgets depending on his needs.
- Batman’s archenemy is Joker, but he has a lot more opponents.
- Batman’s allies are Robin and police commissioner Jim Gordon.
- Batman’s character was introduced in 1939 and he had his own comic title in 1940.
- The characterization of Batman has evolved through time.
- He was first portrayed as a dark knight then as a campy character in the 1960s.
- In 1986, his dark knight character re-emerged with the creation of The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.
- Interestingly, Superman has described Batman as “the most dangerous man on Earth“.
FILM, RADIO, AND TELEVISION
- Batman secured his spot in mainstream culture when the Warner Bros. Pictures successfully produced the live-action Batman feature films.
- Batman has been played by various actors: Lewis Wilson, Robert Lowery, Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Bruce Thomas, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, David Mazouz, Iain Glen, and Robert Pattinson.
- Animated adaptations have also been created using the voices of Kevin Conroy, Rino Romano, Anthony Ruivivar, Peter Weller, Bruce Greenwood, Jason O’Mara, and Will Arnett.
- Batman has also been licensed for radio and television adaptations.
- Batman has been licensed and featured in various adaptations, from radio to television and film, and appears in merchandise sold around the world, such as apparel, toys, and video games.
- Batman is not like most superheroes in that he does not possess supernatural powers.
- What Batman lacks in inhuman gifts, he makes up for with his martial arts skills, extensive wealth, detective skills, and exceptional intellect.
- Batman solves crimes by being a great and stealthy detective.
- Because of his vast wealth, Batman is able to finance the technologies he applies to solve crimes.
- Of all superheroes in the DC universe, Batman is one of the best martial artists. He is particularly skilled in hand-to-hand combat.
- His photographic memory helps him better remember the different forms and styles of martial arts he has learned.
- Batman is also intellectually gifted and an expert in various fields and disciplines of science, mathematics, and technology.
- Batman traveled the world to learn as much as he could and uses his knowledge in his fighting.
- Another strong suit of Batman’s is his firm discipline to learn and master abilities, which is why he’s able to build himself up physically, intellectually, and psychologically.
- Like a real bat, he appears and disappears really quickly, almost invisibly.
- He is also talented in escapology, making him able to break free of deathtraps almost unharmed.
- He is able to function even despite extreme pain.
- He is able to resist mind control and telepathy in most of their forms.
- At times, he spies on concerned villains and is great at it.
- On top of all his aforementioned skills, he is multilingual.
- Batman comes across as intimidating and terrifying which makes him an expert in interrogation techniques to elicit information from suspects and witnesses.
- Batman is also a licensed pilot and flies his Batplane smoothly.
- Batman uses all of his skills and gifts for one purpose: achieving justice.
- Batman is known for his conviction of not causing harm to innocent people and not killing anybody as far as possible.
- Batman has a huge arsenal of high-tech gadgets and vehicles which he uses to fight crime.
- His gadgets and vehicles share a bat motif.
- Batman’s body armor has the image of a bat in the center.
- Batman’s body armor, called a batsuit, helps him in hand-to-hand combat against enemies. The batsuit protects him from gunfire and direct impact.
- Batman has a utility belt where he keeps the tools and equipment he uses to investigate and fight crimes.
- Batman’s main vehicle is the Batmobile. The Batmobile is an impressive black car with tailfins that look like bat’s wings.
- Batman also owns an aircraft called the Batplane or the Batwing.
- Gotham City calls upon Batman using a searchlight with a bat shape, popularly known as the Bat Signal.
- Batman’s hidden headquarters are called the Batcave and are found beneath his mansion, the Wayne Manor.
- In the Batcave, there is a supercomputer, a surveillance system, a forensics laboratory, an arsenal, an infirmary, a study, a training dojo, and a garage, among other sections.
ALLIES AND RIVALS
- Batman’s allies include his butler Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner James “Jim” Gordon, Lucius Fox, Robin, and the Justice League.
- Batman’s enemies include the Joker, the Penguin, Two-Face, the Riddler, Ra’s al Ghul, the Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Clayface, and Killer Croc.
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Batman across 23 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Batman worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the Batman who is a fictional superhero created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger. Originally named Bat-Man in 1939, the character first appeared in Detective Comics #27. Batman appeared in comic books in the United States published by DC Comics. Batman was nicknamed the Dark Knight, the Caped Crusader, and the World’s Greatest Detective.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Batman Facts
- Who’s Bruce?
- Being Batman
- Character Identification
- Bat Technology
- Can or Cannot Do?
- Different Batman Sketches
- Expanding Vocabulary
- Justice League Members
- Who’s Catwoman?
- My Batman Comics
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Batman Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, October 10, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.