Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Chocolate is a food made from the seeds of a cacao tree. It is used in many desserts like pudding, cakes, candy, and ice cream. It can be a solid form like a candy bar or it can be in a liquid form like hot chocolate.
See the fact file below for more information about chocolate or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- Chocolate grows on the tropical tree called the Theobroma cacao, or simply, “cacao.” Theobroma is Greek for “food of the gods.”
- Cacao is native to Central and South America, but it is grown commercially throughout the tropics.
- About 70% of the world’s cacao is grown in Africa.
- A cacao tree can produce close to two thousand pods per year.
- The cacao pod is shaped like a football and grows straight out from the branches.
- The pods, which mature throughout the year, encase a sticky white pulp and about 30 or 40 seeds. These seeds are very bitter.
- After the beans are picked they are allowed to ferment and dry. These can take several weeks. After they are dried, they are sent to the factory where they are made into chocolate.
- Once the beans are at the factory they are cleaned, sorted and weighed. Every manufacturer knows exactly which beans make which kind of chocolate. Sometimes it takes 12 different kinds of beans to make a certain kind of chocolate.
- The process of making a chocolate bar can sometimes take a week once the cacao beans have reached the manufacturer because there are so many steps involved in the process.
- Cacao, the stuff that chocolate is made from, is quite good for you. It is a powerful antioxidant. However, chocolate also includes sugar which isn’t so good for you. It’s important to find chocolate that has a high cacao content.
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Chocolate Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about Chocolate which is a food made from the seeds of a cacao tree. It is used in many desserts like pudding, cakes, candy, and ice cream. It can be a solid form like a candy bar or it can be in a liquid form like hot chocolate.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Chocolate Facts
- The Chocolate Tree
- Match the Kinds of Chocolate
- Yummy Treats
- Chocolate Comes to Mind
- Chocolate Brand Search
- Chocolate Fill in the Blanks Scramble
- Chocolate Poem
- How to Make Chocolate
- Decode the Choco-code
- Love, Chocolate
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Chocolate Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, October 23, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.