Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
The term trivia refers to insignificant pieces of information, only interesting to a few educated folks.
See the fact file below for more information on the trivia or alternatively, you can download our 28-page Trivia worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Trivia came from the word “Trivium” in Latin, which means “triple way” = tri (three) and via (way).
- In medieval Europe, students learned the “trivium,” comprised of grammar, logic, and rhetoric.
- After trivium, the students focused on the quadrivium, which comprised of arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy.
- The adjective “trivial” was then adopted in Early Modern English in the sense of “trivialities, trifles” in the 20th century.
- Logan Pearsall Smith’s book, Trivialities: Bits of Information of Little Consequence, published in 1902, was the first recorded use of the the term trivia.
- By the 1950’s, television had adapted the concept of trivia through quiz shows such as Dotto, The $64,000 Question, and Twenty One.
- In the 1980’s and 1990’s, trivia quizzes such as Jeopardy!, Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Win Ben Stein’s Money became popular.
- Trivia also cemented its presence on prints such as the board game “Trivial Pursuit.” Canadians Chris Haney, a photo editor for Montreal’s The Gazette, and Scott Abbott, a sports editor for The Canadian Press, invented the game.
- Soon trivia also reached the Internet. One of the first known and credible trivia sites is the Sporcle, the web’s leading trivia website.
- Today, the Internet provides various sites that offer trivia in various topics ranging from history, life, space, and education, etc.
- Several content creators also do research and post their trivia videos on different social platforms online.
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the trivia across 28 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Trivia worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the trivia which refers to insignificant pieces of information, only interesting to a few educated folks.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Popular Trivias
- Animal Trivias
- Under the Sea
- Geography Trivias
- The Amazing Human Body
- People Trivias
- Size Matters
- World Firsts
- Nature Trivias
- Space Trivias
- Trivia Charade
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Trivia Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, June 4, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.