COMPLETE 20 page guide to the Cinco de Mayo.
This entire Unit plan will give your students or children the entire education they need on all things surrounding both the history of the great battle & the modern day celebrations. With over 20 pages of challenging worksheets and activities this is a comprehensive unit plan to use in any learning environment.
Within this unit you will explore all aspects of the Cinco de Mayo. From the background and information on the battle which took place between the Mexican & French right through to exploring modern day celebrations & how these happen across both the United States & Mexico. Students are also challenged at the end of each study guide with a number of unique worksheets. Each worksheet has been designed to specifically test the child’s knowledge and understanding of the Cinco de Mayo event. Below are listed the main concepts that students may understand by the completion of these worksheets.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and answer challenging questions based on the accompanying study guide.
- Variety of worksheets and concepts to expand the students mind and align with common core study criteria.
- Key learning points:
- Highlight the history of the battle and how it’s impacted the modern day celebrations.
- Encourages the student to apply knowledge learnt to their studies.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
- Worksheets aim to generate analysis and understanding of both the historic nature of this subject as well as the happier modern day celebrations.
- The student will actively reflect on their studies.
- Creativity is challenged throughout due to the nature of some of the worksheets.
Included in This Worksheet (PDF Format)
- Cinco de Mayo Study Guide & Fact File
- Fill in the Blank Quiz Sheet
- Fill in the Blank Quiz Answers
- Cinco de Mayo Word Search
- Cinco de Mayo Acrostic Poem
- Cinco de Mayo Brainstorm
- Cinco de Mayo Word Scramble
- Cinco de Mayo In Images Quiz
- Cinco de Mayo In Images Quiz Answers
- Cinco de Mayo compare & contrast worksheet
- Cinco de Mayo questions worksheet
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.