Your students will love these challenging Contractions Worksheets within this comprehensive unit plan. These worksheets have a study guide of text which is tied to learning the key skills associated with understanding how contractions work within English language.
Within this unit the same concept and approach is utilised to engage the student. This are done over a number of unique worksheets. Each worksheet has a number of themed ideas which challenge the student and their understanding of Contractions.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and gauge an understanding on each worksheet
- Repetitive concept to increase students knowledge.
- Worksheet focuses on helping students understand contractions and complete a number of challenging open ended worksheets on what they have learnt.
- Help students understand that a contraction is a word made by running two or more words together and leaving out some of the letters or sounds.
- Encourages the student to make connections between what the initial study guide has taught them and how they can apply this within the worksheets.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
- Successful outcome should be the understanding of how to use Contractions.
Key learning points:
Included in this worksheet pack
1: Contractions Study Guide
2: Worksheet 1
3: Worksheet 2
4: Worksheet 3
5: Worksheet 4
6: Worksheet 5
7: Worksheet 6
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Contractions Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, June 26, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.