Your students will love these challenging main idea worksheets within this comprehensive unit plan. These worksheets have paragraphs of text all tied to learning this key skill.
Within this unit the same concept and approach is utilised to engage the student. This are done over a number of unique worksheets. Each worksheet has a number of main idea answers based on a paragraph of text associated with each. Below are listed the main concepts that students may understand by the completion of these worksheets.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and gauge an understanding on each worksheet
- Repetitive concept to increase students knowledge of main idea based work.
- Key learning points:
- Worksheet focuses on helping students identify the main idea from a paragraph of text by circling one of four answers.
- Encourages the student to make connections between text and the subsequent main idea.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
- Teaches the student to ask the question; What is being said about the person, thing, or idea (the topic)?
Included in this worksheet pack
1: Main Idea Worksheet 1
2: Main Idea Worksheet 2
3: Main Idea Worksheet 3
4: Main Idea Worksheet 4
5: Main Idea Worksheet 5
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Main Idea Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 14, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.