Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
The ability to write digits into words and words into digits is a fundamental milestone in math literacy. At this stage, it won’t be fluid and automatic, so repetition is key.
See the fact file below for more information on the number and words or alternatively, you can download our 28-page Counting and Cardinality: Number and Words K.CC.3b worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- At the end of the lesson, students will be able to recognize and read number names. They will be able to write the names of numbers from 11-20 in words and figures and associate quantity with a numeric value.
A NOTE FOR THE TEACHER
- When teaching number sequences, try the following in your lesson:
- Use a quantity of objects to correlate with the number. This way, students recognize a quantity with a written digit.
- At this young age, flashcards are helpful drill learning tools.
- Teaching vocabulary is important at this stage. Students must be able to correctly associate a written number with the spoken word and its tangible amount.
- The ability to write digits into words and words into digits is a fundamental milestone in math literacy. At this stage, it won’t be fluid and automatic, so repetition is key. Drill until it becomes automatic!
Counting and Cardinality: Number and Words K.CC.3b Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Counting and Cardinality: Number and Words across 28 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets that align with the Common Core CCSS code K.CC.3b for Counting and Cardinality: Number and Words.
Table of contents:
- A lesson plan
- Warm-up activity
- Math theory explained
- Assisted learning activities
- Independent learning activities
- Extension activities and games
- Answer keys
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Counting and Cardinality: Number and Words K.CC.3b Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, July 5, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.