Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
In this lesson, we’ll understand more about arrangements that follow a certain order, commonly known as patterns. There are different types of patterns, and this topic will focus on repeated and growth patterns.
See the fact file below for more information on the generating and analyzing patterns or alternatively, you can download our 30-page Generating and Analyzing Patterns worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Patterns that repeat themselves over and over again according to a certain rule are called repeating patterns.
REPEATING PATTERNS: PARTS
- A repeating pattern consists of two main parts – the terms and the core.
- Terms are elements or objects that make up a pattern. The core, on the other hand, is the part of a repeating pattern that remains the same and repeats itself.
REPEATING PATTERNS: FINDING THE UNKNOWN
- There are cases when we need to find the unknown terms in a given pattern.
- To find the unknown terms in a repeating pattern, first find the pattern’s core, and then use the core to find the unknown patterns.
- Patterns that increase (or grow) according based on a rule are called increasing patterns, or growing patterns.
GROWING PATTERNS: PARTS
- A growing pattern has two important parts: the terms and the rule.
- Each step of a growing pattern is a term. The rule, however, is the fixed order in which a growing pattern increases.
GROWING PATTERNS: FINDING THE RULE
- To find the rule of a pattern, observe how the pattern increases as it moves from one term to the next.
GROWING PATTERNS: FINDING THE UNKNOWNS
- To find the unknown terms of a growing pattern, first find its rule and then use it to find the unknown terms.
Generating and Analyzing Patterns Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the generating and analyzing patterns across 30 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Generating and Analyzing Patterns worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the arrangements that follow a certain order, commonly known as patterns. There are different types of patterns, and this topic will focus on repeated and growth patterns.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Lesson Plan
- Generating and Analyzing Patterns
- Label and Repeat
- Geometric Patterns
- Continue It
- Let it Grow
- Multi-Step Addition
- Missing Subtraction Patterns
- Multiples of 10
- Multiplication Patterns
- Your Own Growing Pattern
- Your Own Repeating Pattern
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Generating and Analyzing Patterns Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, June 4, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.