Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Addition is all about bringing two or more numbers (or objects) together to get a new total. Remember that the total is the quantity of all the objects. Children become more enthusiastic to learn when there are colorful images. To teach addition, use images first before diving into the numbers.
See the fact file below for more information on the adding numbers or alternatively, you can download our 30-page Adding Numbers worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- The first thing to do to make kids understand addition is to let them know about this important symbol.
COUNT THE OBJECTS
- Kids get more motivated when they see colorful objects. To introduce addition to them, present objects as examples or visual representations.
- Addition is like counting objects. Having prior knowledge about counting makes it easier for the kds to understand addition.
OBJECTS TO NUMBERS
- Once the kids understand the idea of counting objects to do addition, introduce them to the idea of adding numbers. First, let them write the objects as numbers.
- Once identified, present the number line and start introducing how addition works via the number line.
- The kids should now have an understanding of adding objects by counting them and the idea of converting objects to numbers and then adding them. Now, start introducing the idea of adding numbers.
- To help them understand this better, you can use objects (by introducing conversion of numbers to objects) or by using the number line.
- Convert the numbers to simple objects and then go back to their previous understanding of addition by counting objects.
- You can also introduce the number line to them again, but this time there is no need to convert objects to numbers since, the given is already in numerical form.
- Practice addition with the kids by giving more examples.
- One such activity is to allow them to add an object or objects on their own.
- Another activity is giving basic but fun simple problems.
- For kids to get used to the idea of adding objects or adding numbers, give them practice materials.
Adding Numbers Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Adding Numbers across 30 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Adding Numbers worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the addition which is all about bringing two or more numbers (or objects) together to get a new total. Remember that the total is the quantity of all the objects. Children become more enthusiastic to learn when there are colorful images. To teach addition, use images first before diving into the numbers.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Lesson Plan
- Adding Numbers
- Add Add Add
- How Many?
- Order Snacks
- Draw Circles
- Numbers and Objects
- Powerpuff Girls
- Number Line
- Help Me!
- Coloring Time
- Word Problems
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Adding Numbers Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 1, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.