Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
Organizing, representing, and interpreting data are important skills to have for future mathematics. Data refers to the information gathered/collected for reference and analysis.
See the fact file below for more information on the representing data or alternatively, you can download our 28-page Measurement and Data: Representing Data CCSS 1.MD.4 worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- At the end of the lesson, students will be able to organize, represent, and interpret data.
A NOTE FOR THE TEACHER:
- When teaching representation and interpretation of data, keep in mind the following:
- Remind the student every now and then to double-check the data provided.
- There is no single correct way to represent data, so they may use whichever format they feel comfortable with.
- Organizing, representing, and interpreting data are important skills to have for future mathematics.
- Data refers to the information gathered/collected for reference and analysis.
- One way to organize data is through tables. Let’s say we conducted a survey with a class. We asked 15 students what their favorite pet was.
- 5 students said their favorite pet was a dog, 6 students said their favorite pet was a cat, and 4 students said their favorite pet was a rabbit.
- We can organize this data through a table, like so.
- Now that we have organized the data, we can represent this through a bar graph. Bar graphs display data through bars/rectangles of different heights.
Measurement and Data: Representing Data CCSS 1.MD.4 Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Measurement and Data: Representing Data across 28 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets that align with the Common Core CCSS code 1.MD.4 for Measurement and Data: Representing Data.
Table of contents
- A lesson plan
- Warm-up activity
- Math theory explained
- Assisted learning activities
- Independent learning activities
- Extension activities and games
- Answer keys
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Measurement and Data: Representing Data CCSS 1.MD.4 Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 28, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.