Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
In this lesson, we will try to understand shapes that share the same attribute/s and how we can partition shapes.
See the fact file below for more information on the reasoning with shapes and their attributes or alternatively, you can download our 28-page Reasoning With Shapes and their Attributes worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- In this section, we will try to understand about attributes of shapes.
- The number of sides is one of the attributes that we can use to categorize shapes.
- Shapes with four sides are called quadrilaterals.
- Having square corners can also be used to categorize shapes.
- Quadrilaterals are closed 2-dimensional shapes with four sides made up of straight lines.
- Parallelograms are a subcategory of quadrilaterals.
- Parallelograms are quadrilaterals with opposite sides that are parallel and of equal length, and the opposite angles are of equal measurements.
- Rectangles and squares are parallelograms.
- Rhombuses are also parallelograms.
- Rhombuses are quadrilaterals with 4 equal straight sides, and they resemble the shape of a diamond.
- Besides parallelograms, trapezoids are also quadrilaterals.
- Trapezoids are quadrilaterals with one pair of parallel sides.
- Unlike parallelograms, trapezoids only have one pair of parallel sides.
- In this section, we will try to understand how we can partition shapes into equal parts and how we can express them as fractions.
- After dividing the rectangle into three (3) equal parts. We can express each part as fraction by first determining what would be the numerator and what would be the denominator.
- How many part/s / Total number of parts
Reasoning With Shapes and their Attributes Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the reasoning with shapes and their attributes across 28 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Reasoning With Shapes and their Attributes worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the shapes that share the same attribute/s and how we can partition shapes.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Lesson Plan
- Reason With Shapes and Their Attributes
- The Quadrilaterals
- Match Them
- P and R
- Fit It
- How Many Parts?
- Coloring Time
- Tell Me
- Word Problems
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Reasoning With Shapes and their Attributes Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, June 1, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.