Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
See the fact file below for more information on the concepts associated with area or alternatively, you can download our 30-page Understand Concepts of Area worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- A square with a side of 1 unit of length is called the “unit square”.
- A unit square has an area of one (1) square unit.
- We can substitute units of measurement for better understanding.
- Unit squares can be used to measure the area of a plane figure.
- This method is not only applicable to squares or rectangles. As long as we can fit unit squares, this method can be used.
FINDING THE AREA
- Now, we already have an understanding that we can get the area of a square by partitioning it into unit squares.
- In a regular rectangle, there are short sides and long sides that are of equal lengths. Following the formula to get the area of a square, we need to do some modifications to get the formula for the area of a rectangle.
- In a square, we just need to multiply one side by another side, because all sides of a square are of equal lengths, which is different in the case of a rectangle. In a rectangle, there are short sides and long sides.
- Thus, what we need to multiply is one long side and one short side.
- area of a rectangle = l x s
- In the formula above, l stands for “long side”, while s stands for “short side”.
Understand Concepts of Area Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the concepts associated with area across 30 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Understand Concepts of Area worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the concepts associated with area. We will also connect area to multiplication and division operations.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Lesson Plan
- Understand Concepts of Area
- Counting Time
- Finding The Area
- Help The Queen
- Draw It
- Count Then Multiply
- Word Problems
- Let’s Work
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Understand Concepts of Area Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, May 27, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.