Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Addition equations and subtraction equations are closely linked together. Addition equations can be expressed as subtraction equations, and subtraction equations can be expressed as addition equations.
See the fact file below for more information on working with addition and subtraction equations or alternatively, you can download our 31-page Working with Addition and Subtraction Equations worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
UNDERSTANDING THE EQUAL SIGN
- The equal sign in mathematics signifies that two values are equal.
- The equal sign notes that the value on the left side is the same as the value on the right side.
FINDING THE UNKNOWN
- Now that we have an idea of what the equal sign means, we can start figuring out how to find unknown values.
- There are two ways to find the unknown.
- The first way is to subtract the difference from the minuend.
- The minuend is the value that we subtract from, or that we take something away from.
- The difference is the answer of a subtraction equation. It is also the value on the right side of the equal sign in a subtraction equation.
- The second way to solve the subtraction equation is to express it as an addition equation.
Working with Addition and Subtraction Equations Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the working with addition and subtraction equations across 31 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use working with addition and subtraction equations worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the addition equations and subtraction equations which are closely linked together. Addition equations can be expressed as subtraction equations, and subtraction equations can be expressed as addition equations.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Lesson Plan
- Working with Addition and Subtraction Equations
- Solve Everything
- Missing Piece
- Do the Math
- Color the Circles
- Snack Time!
- What’s Your Problem?
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Working with Addition and Subtraction Equations Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 28, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.