Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
One Direction is an English-Irish pop boyband based in London. They all started out their careers on The X Factor. One Direction are arguably one of the biggest boybands to have walked the earth in the last 20 years. One Direction is composed of Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and, until his departure from the band in 2015, Zayn Malik.
See the fact file below for more information on the One Direction or alternatively, you can download our 25-page One Direction worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
One Direction Facts
- Genres: Pop music, Teen pop, Pop rock
- Propelled to international success by social media, One Direction’s five albums, Up All Night (2011), Take Me Home (2012), Midnight Memories (2013), Four (2014), and Made in the A.M. (2015), topped charts in most major markets. Their third album, Midnight Memories, was the best-selling album worldwide in 2013 with 4 million copies sold globally.
- One Direction has become one of the defining pop groups of the first half of the 2010s, partially because the UK boyband is also one of the most prolific pop artists of that time period. Over that time period, 1D has exploded in popularity and reached stadium status, bringing a slew of colorful hit singles to the masses and conjuring screams from thousands of teenage fans.
- In an approach pioneered by The Beatles, each member is known for his feature; Horan is “the cute one”, Malik is “the quiet and mysterious one”, Payne is “the sensible one”, Styles is “the charming one”, and Tomlinson is “the funny one”. Each member’s individual identity is reinforced by their intentionally different personal style.
- A directioner is a fan of this boyband. They are dedicated to the band’s four members.
- Harry Edward Styles (born 1 February 1994) is an English singer, songwriter, and actor.
- Styles’ music contain elements of soft rock,pop, folk, rock, and Britpop. Rolling Stone described his music style on his debut solo album as “intimately emotional Seventies soft-rock vibe”.
- Regarding Styles’ time in One Direction, AllMusic writer Tim Sendra opined his “charming persona and elastic vocals had him positioned as the Timberlake of the group.”
- Liam James Payne (born 29 August 1993) is a British singer and songwriter.
- Payne made his debut as a singer when he auditioned for the British television series The X Factor in 2008. After being eliminated as a solo performer, he auditioned again in 2010 and was put into a group with four other contestants to form One Direction.
- In 2016, Payne signed a recording deal with Republic Records in North America. In May 2017, Payne released “Strip That Down” as the lead single from his upcoming debut album. It peaked at number three on the UK Singles Chart and number ten on the US Billboard Hot 100, being certified platinum in both countries.
- Niall James Horan (born 13 September 1993) is an Irish singer and songwriter.
- Horan auditioned as a solo contestant for British televised singing competition The X Factor. After being eliminated as a solo performer, Horan joined four other contestants to form One Direction.
- Following the band’s hiatus in 2016, Horan signed a recording deal as a solo artist with Capitol Records. His singles “This Town” and “Slow Hands” from his debut studio album Flicker (2017) reached the top 20 in several countries. The album debuted at number one in Ireland and the United States, as well as charting within the top three in Australia and the UK.
- Louis William Tomlinson (born 24 December 1991) is an English singer, songwriter, and television personality.
- Tomlinson began his career as an actor. In 2010, he became a member of One Direction after being eliminated as a solo contestant on the British music competition series The X Factor.
- “Just Hold On” was released as Tomlinson’s debut single as a solo artist in December 2016, it peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart and was certified gold in both the UK and US. In 2017, Tomlinson released “Back to You” with American singer Bebe Rexha and “Miss You”.
- Zain Javadd “Zayn” Malik (born 12 January 1993) is an English singer and songwriter.
- Born and raised in Bradford, West Yorkshire, Malik auditioned as a solo contestant for the British music competition The X Factor in 2010. After being eliminated as a solo performer, Malik was brought back into the competition, along with four other contestants, to form the boy band that would become known as One Direction. Malik left the group in March 2015 and subsequently signed a solo recording contract with RCA Records.
Awards and Nominations
- 7 BRIT Awards
- 7 American Music Awards
- 6 Billboard Music Awards
- 5 Billboard Touring Awards
- 4 MTV Video Music Awards
- Holds the record as the most awarded act at the Teen Choice Awards with 28 wins from 31 nominations
One Direction Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about One Direction across 25 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use One Direction worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the One Direction which is an English-Irish pop boyband based in London. They all started out their careers on The X Factor. One Direction are arguably one of the biggest boybands to have walked the earth in the last 20 years. One Direction is composed of Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and, until his departure from the band in 2015, Zayn Malik.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- One Direction Facts
- Fact or Bluff
- Fill Me
- Story of My Life
- Venn Diagram
- I Made It!
- I Stan
- Note Value
- Acrostic Poem
- Word Search
- Pictures and Songs
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as One Direction Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, February 27, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.