Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Ariana Grande-Butera, popularly known as Ariana Grande, is an award-winning American pop singer, songwriter, and actress. Ariana Grande is a multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning recording artist. Ariana is popular for her wide vocal range which is often compared by critics to Mariah Carey.
See the fact file below for more information on the Ariana Grande or alternatively, you can download our 28-page Ariana Grande worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Ariana Grande is born on June 26, 1993, in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Ariana Grande currently resides in Beverly Hills, California.
- A notable relative of Ariana Grande is Frankie James Michael Grande Marchione.
- Frankie is Ariana Grande’s half-brother, popularly known as Frankie Grande. He is an American dancer, actor, singer, producer, television host, and YouTube personality.
- Ariana Grande’s music falls in the genre of Pop and R&B.
- Pop music is a sub-genre of popular music, which is called popular because it was meant to be distributed to large audiences and can be enjoyed even without or with just a little musical training.
- Pop music is music with wide appeal, a genre where Ariana Grande’s music falls in.
- Furthermore, the music that Ariana Grande produces has its cultural origin from the United States and United Kingdom, a type of music that is rooted in Traditional Pop, Rock n Roll, and Folk.
- Another genre in which Ariana Grande’s music falls is Contemporary R&B, simply known as R&B.
- R&B is a complex genre of music that combines elements of rhythm and blues, pop, hip hop, soul, funk, and electronic music.
- R&B was popularized by Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, R. Kelly, Craig David, and Whitney Houston.
FAMILY AND EARLY LIFE
- Ariana Grande’s mother, Joan Grande, is from Brooklyn and is the CEO of Hose-McCann Communications, a manufacturer of communications and safety equipment.
- Ariana Grande’s father is Edward Butera, who owns a graphic design firm in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Ariana Grande is Italian and often refers to herself as Italian American of “half Sicilian and half Abruzzese” descent.
- Sicilian Americans are one of the largest Italian American groups in the United States.
- Abruzzese people are people who came from the Abruzzo or Abruzzi region of Southern Italy.
- Ariana Grande is said to be descended from a mix of two Italian Groups.
- While Joan Grande was pregnant with her, the family moved from New York to Florida.
- When Ariana was around 9 or 10, her parents separated.
- She was a student at Pine Crest School and North Broward Preparatory School.
- Ariana Grande’s first role was the title character in Annie as she performed with the Fort Lauderdale Children’s Theater.
- Ariana also performed in the musicals The Wizard of Oz and Beauty and the Beast.
- By the age of eight, she was already performing at a karaoke lounge on a cruise ship.
- She performed with various orchestras such as South Florida’s Philharmonic Orchestra, Florida Sunshine Pops, and Symphonic Orchestras.
- Ariana made her first appearance on national television when she sang America’s National Anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner”, for the Florida Panthers, Florida’s Ice Hockey Team.
- She was 13 when she became more dedicated to her music career.
- In 2008, she was cast in the musical “13”, in which she played a supporting role of the cheerleader, Charlotte. She won a National Youth Theatre Association Award for this role.
- In 2009, she was cast in the Nickelodeon television show Victorious.
- When the show aired in 2010, Ariana immediately became popular and earned a “teen-idol” celebrity status.
- Ariana began working on her debut album in 2010 with the help of her vocal coach, Eric Vetro.
- Ariana uploaded many videos of herself singing covers of songs by Adele, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey, in which she was discovered by a friend of Monte Lipman, CEO of Republic Records, the label record who signed her contract.
- Her first single, “Put Your Hearts Up,” was released in December 2011.
- Her first studio album, Yours Truly, was released on August 30, 2013.
- Her second studio album, My Everything, was released on August 25, 2014.
- She embarked on The Honeymoon Tour in February 2015.
- Her third studio album was originally titled Moonlight. She recorded songs in 2015 and the album was released in March 2016, now titled Dangerous Woman.
- Her fourth and latest studio album, Sweetener, was recorded in 2016 with Pharrell Williams, and was released in 2018.
- In November 2018, Ariana released a single titled “Thank u, Next” and announced her fifth studio album with the same name.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- All full-length albums of Ariana Grande have been certified platinum.
- Her songs have been streamed 25 billion times on streaming platforms like YouTube, Spotify, and Apple Music.
- She was nominated for the Grammy Awards six times and won once.
- She has won one BRIT Award, two MTV Video Music Awards, and three MTV Europe Music Awards.
- In 2019, she received 22 Billboard Music Award nominations and won two awards including Top Female Artist.
Ariana Grande Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Ariana Grande across 28 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Ariana Grande worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Ariana Grande-Butera, popularly known as Ariana Grande, who is an award-winning American pop singer, songwriter, and actress. Ariana Grande is a multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning recording artist. Ariana is popular for her wide vocal range which is often compared by critics to Mariah Carey.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Ariana Grande Facts
- All About Ariana
- True or False
- Lyrics Match
- Major Influences
- Which Album?
- Make The Connection
- Victorious Cast
- The Honeymoon Tour
- Listen And React
- Song About Ariana
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Ariana Grande Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 20, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.