Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Beyoncé, whose full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress who has performed in various singing and dancing competitions since her childhood. Beyoncé’s rise to popularity came when she became the lead singer of one of the best-selling R&B girl-groups Destiny’s Child. Beyoncé started her solo career in the hiatus of her girl-group. She released her first solo album in 2003, titled Dangerously in Love, an album that debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and made her win five Grammy Awards.
See the fact file below for more information on the Beyonce or alternatively, you can download our 22-page Beyonce worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter was born in Houston Texas, U.S. on September 4, 1981.
- Beyoncé’s career is not only confined to performing.
- Aside from being a singer, actress, songwriter, and record producer, she is also a director, model, fashion designer, and a businesswoman.
- She is the co-founder of activewear clothing line named Ivy Park, in partnership with London based fashion retailer Topshop, launched in April 14, 2016.
- Beyoncé also founded her own management and entertainment company named Parkwood Entertainment. Its involvements include products for music production, motion pictures, and television specials related to Beyoncé. Parkwood Entertainment was founded in 2010.
- With all of those businesses owned by Beyoncé, her net worth sums up to $470 million as of 2019.
FAMILY AND NOTABLE RELATIVES
- Beyoncé is married to Shawn Corey Carter, professionally known as Jay-Z.
- He is an American rapper, songwriter, producer, entrepreneur, and record executive.
- Jay-Z is a rapper considered a significant cultural icon that has been a figure of popular culture for the past decades.
- Beyoncé is a mother of three kids.
- Beyoncé’s sister is also a popular singer, dancer, record producer, and actress, named Solange Knowles. Simply known as Solange.
- Their father was Mathew Knowles, a record executive, talent manager, and businessman. He was the manager of the girl-group Destiny’s Child.
- He was married to Tina Knowles, but their relationship ended in divorce in 2011.
- Their mother, Celestine Ann Beyoncé is also known as Tina Knowles-Lawson, and she is an American businesswoman and fashion designer who owns the fashion line House of Dereón and Miss Tina by Tina Knowles.
- Beyonce started singing at a very early age by competing in local talent shows and often winning.
- Her girl-group, Destiny’s Child was formed when Beyonce teamed up with her cousin, Kelly Rowland, and her two classmates.
- Destiny’s Child landed a record deal in 1997 with Columbia Records and quickly became a popular R&B act.
- Beyonce explored other projects, such as acting while enjoying Destiny’s Child peak in popularity. Her first acting experience was in 2001 with a starring role in MTV’s Carmen: A Hip Hopera.
- Destiny’s Child released their last studio album, Destiny Fulfilled, in 2004 and officially broke up the following year.
- When Beyonce released her first solo album in 2003, Dangerously In Love, it became an instant success and won five Grammy Awards.
- She released her 2nd album in 2006, titled B’Day.
- She was able to perform for the Libyan leader Muammar al-Qaddafi on New Year’s Eve in 2010 and donated profits from the event to help victims of the Haitian earthquake.
- She decided to drop Mathew Knowles as her manager in 2011.
- In January 2013, she performed The Star-Spangled Banner for President Barack Obama’s inauguration in Washington, D.C.
- Beyonce has 23 Grammy Awards making her the female artist to have the second-most awards, next to Alison Krauss.
- She has earned awards in the following categories: Best Urban Contemporary Album (2018, 2016); Best Music Video (2016); Best R&B Performance (2014); Best R&B Song (2003, 2009, 2014); Best Surround Sound Album (2014); Best Traditional R&B Performance (2009, 2012); Song of the Year (2009); Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (2009); Best Female R&B Vocal Performance (2003, 2009); Best Contemporary R&B Album (2003, 2006, 2009); Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals (2003, 2005); Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (2003).
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Beyonce across 22 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Beyonce worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Beyonce, whose full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, who is an American singer, songwriter, and actress who has performed in various singing and dancing competitions since her childhood. Beyoncé’s rise to popularity came when she became the lead singer of one of the best-selling R&B girl-groups Destiny’s Child. Beyoncé started her solo career in the hiatus of her girl-group. She released her first solo album in 2003, titled Dangerously in Love, an album that debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and made her win five Grammy Awards.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Beyonce Facts
- Queen Bee
- From Group To Solo
- Beyonce’s Relations
- Lyrics Match
- Most Grammys
- Vocal Powerhouses
- Listen and Design
- Watch and React
- My Favorite Beyonce Song
- My Own Song
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Beyonce Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 20, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.