Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Conor Anthony McGregor is an Irish professional mixed martial artist and boxer. He is the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight and lightweight champion.
See the fact file below for more information on the Conor McGregor or alternatively, you can download our 26-page Conor McGregor worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Conor was born in Crumlin, Dublin on 14 July 1988, the son of Tony and Margaret McGregor.
- He was raised in Crumlin and attended a Gaelscoil and Gaelcholáiste at both primary and at secondary level in Coláiste de hÍde in Tallaght.
- He developed his passion for sport, playing association football. In his youth, he played football for Lourdes Celtic Football Club.
- At the age of 12, McGregor also began boxing at Crumlin Boxing Club. At 18, he met Tom Egan and began with mixed martial arts (MMA).
ROAD TO MMA
- McGregor made his mixed martial arts debut against Kieran Campbell for the Irish Ring of Truth promotion in Dublin.
- He won via technical knockout (TKO) in the first round.
- In 2008, McGregor began training at the Straight Blast Gym in Dublin under John Kavanagh.
- In 2008, he won the title of Cage Warrior Featherweight Champion. He also won the Lightweight Championships for MMA.
- In 2009, UFC 93 came to Dublin, Ireland. Conor McGregor watched the fight and he became confident that he could handle going up against professional fighters.
- In February 2013, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced that they had signed McGregor.
- McGregor’s his first “Knockout of the Night” award was also his debut fight against Marcus Brimage.
- His fight against Holloway resulted in an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) which required surgery. He rested for 10 months.
- Returning from his injury in 2014, Conor earned two “Performance of the Night” titles.
- This fueled his desire to grab championship titles the following year.
- Conor long anticipated a bout against the former UFC Champion Jose Aldo but Jose’s rib injury delayed this.
- He was rescheduled to face Chad Mendes for the Interim Featherweight Championship.
- McGregor won the fight via second-round TKO, winning the UFC Interim Featherweight Championship.
- On August 11, 2015, fans were delighted when the Mcgregor v. Aldo fight on December 12 became official.
- The fight lasted 13 seconds with McGregor as the second undisputed UFC Featherweight Champion in history.
- On the fifth consecutive occasion, McGregor was made the winner of the “Performance of the Night” bonus.
- In 2016, Conor was scheduled to fight #10 lightweight contender, The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 winner, and former UFC Lightweight Championship challenger, Nate Diaz.
- The scheduled fight broke Conor’s own record of per-per-view buy rate at 1,317,000 buys.
- The fight ended McGregor’s first UFC loss and his third overall.
- It broke his winning streak of 15 consecutive wins, and was his first loss since November 2010.
- A rematch with Nate Diaz eventually happened and McGregor won, again breaking the record previously held by UFC 100 for the highest selling pay-per-view in UFC history.
- His inactivity with UFC the following year stripped him of his title from the Featherweight Championship title. On 2017, he announced a hiatus to wait for the birth of his child.
- McGregor spent the majority of his public appearances in early-2017 campaigning for a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather.
- The match ultimately ended in the 10th round with a victory by TKO for Mayweather.
- After the conclusion of UFC 223 on April 7, 2018, McGregor was stripped of the Lightweight Championship due to inactivity.
- He returned from his hiatus in 2018 against Khabib Nurmagomedov, but lost on the fourth round via a submission.
- On 26 March 2019, McGregor announced his retirement on social media.
Conor McGregor Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Conor McGregor across 26 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Conor McGregor worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Conor Anthony McGregor who is an Irish professional mixed martial artist and boxer. He is the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight and lightweight champion.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- The Notorious
- Mixed Martial Arts
- The 24 Fights
- The Octagon
- The Champs
- On Bullying
- A UFC Fighter
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Conor McGregor Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, May 6, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.