Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Eden Hazard is a Belgian footballer who plays for the Spanish club Real Madrid and the Belgian national team. Hazard is known for his dribbling and passing skills. He is known as one of the best midfielders in football.
See the fact file below for more information on the Eden Hazard or alternatively, you can download our 24-page Eden Hazard worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Eden Michael Hazard was born on January 7, 1991 in La Louvière, a municipality in Hainaut, Belgium.
- Eden is the eldest son of Carine and Thierry Hazard. He grew up in Braine-le-Comte, a French-speaking region, with three younger brothers, Thorgan, Kylian, and Ethan.
- He grew up in a football-loving family. His parents both played football, with his father reaching the Belgian Second Division, and his mother playing in the Belgian Women’s First Division. Thierry played as a defensive midfielder and Carine was a forward.
- Eden’s brothers play football professionally as well. Thorgan plays as a midfielder for Borussia Dortmund. Kylian plays with Cercle Brugge as a midfielder, and youngest brother Ethan plays locally in Belgium.
- As young boys, the Hazard brothers idolized French football player Zinedine Zidane.
- From a young age, Eden’s parents encouraged him to play football. At the age of four, he joined Royal Stade Brainois. He stayed there for eight years learning how to play the sport.
- Hazard later moved to AFC Tubize, where he was spotted by a scout from Lille OSC, a French football club. Hazard’s parents accepted the offer, thinking that French training would be better.
- In 2007, Hazard signed a professional contract with Lille.
- He was placed in the club’s reserve team at 16 years old. He eventually moved up to the senior team for some of their matches.
- Hazard was permanently placed in the senior team for the 2008-2009 season.
- Though he began the season as a regular substitute, he eventually became a starter due to his scoring abilities.
- Lille offered a place for Hazard until 2012, which he accepted. His performance named him the National Union of Professional Footballers (UNFP) Young Player of the Year.
- Hazard garnered more press attention about a potential transfer. Clubs such as Arsenal, Inter Milan, FC Barcelona, and Real Madrid showed interest in the young Belgian player.
- The 2009-2010 season further showed Hazard’s potential as a player. He showed his skill as a scorer and playmaker in the UEFA Europa League.
- He later won the Young Player of the Year award for the second consecutive season.
- In 2011, Lille won both the Ligue 1 title and the Coupe de France title. Hazard was named the Ligue 1 Player of the Year.
- Hazard continued his string of goals and assists in the 2011-2012 season. He was nominated for the Player of the Year award for the third consecutive time, and later won the title.
- The English club Chelsea signed Hazard in June 2012 for approximately 32 million pounds.
- He performed well in his debut season, providing numerous goals and assists. Chelsea later won the 2013 UEFA Europa League.
- In 2014, football manager Jose Mourinho called Hazard the best young player in the world. Hazard was later declared the PFA Young Player of the Year.
- Hazard was also declared Chelsea’s Player of the Year, which he would win again in 2015.
- In 2015, Chelsea became the Premier League champions. They would achieve this again in 2017.
- The 2015-2016 season saw Hazard have a goalless spell. However, he continued to prove himself and stayed with his club.
- The 2016-2017 season was much better for Hazard, who scored consecutively in many of his matches.
- Though sidelined for a few weeks due to an injury in the summer of 2017, Hazard promptly returned to his good form.
- With Hazard’s goal, Chelsea won the 2018 FA Cup.
- The 2018-2019 season was Hazard’s final year in England. Hazard ended the season as a UEFA Europa League champion.
- In June 2019, Hazard signed with Spanish club Real Madrid for a reported fee of 100 million euros.
- Hazard is currently under his childhood hero Zinedine Zidane, who manages Real Madrid.
- His debut season was hampered by an injury that saw him sidelined for several matches.
- After a three month break due to the COVID-19 pandemic, La Liga resumed its matches. Real Madrid ended the 2019-2020 season as the La Liga champions.
- As a young player, Hazard played for the Under-17 and Under-19
- Belgian teams. After an impressive performance at the FIFA U-17 World Cup, Hazard was promoted to the Under-19 team.
- Though Hazard was qualified to obtain French citizenship, he refused an offer to play for the French National Team.
- In 2008, Hazard was called up to the senior Belgian team. In 2009, he became a regular starter.
- After being benched for several matches, French media started to publicize how Hazard was seemingly unappreciated in Belgium unlike in France.
- In 2011, Hazard was criticized for leaving the stadium and eating a hamburger after being substituted during an international match. For this incident, Hazard was given a three match suspension, though this was later lifted.
- Hazard represented Belgium at the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Belgium reached the quarter-finals of the tournament.
- Hazard captained the Belgian squad at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Belgium finished third. Hazard was praised for his performance.
OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL
- Hazard is married to Natacha Van Honacker. They met as teenagers, and married in 2012.
- Hazard and Natacha’s eldest son Yannis was born on December 19, 2010. Their second son Leo was born in February 2013, and their youngest son Samy was born in September 2015.
- Hazard is a fan of the NBA, and is said to support the New York Knicks.
- He is featured on the cover of EA Sports’ video game FIFA 20.
Eden Hazard Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Eden Hazard across 24 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Eden Hazard worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Eden Hazard who is a Belgian footballer who plays for the Spanish club Real Madrid and the Belgian national team. Hazard is known for his dribbling and passing skills. He is known as one of the best midfielders in football.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Eden Hazard Facts
- Meeting Hazard
- Eden’s Facts and Myths
- What’s in a Hazard?
- Those Were the Days
- Worldwide Team
- Travels Across Europe
- Belgian Pride
- A Hazardous Year
- Consistency Is Key
- A Jersey to Remember
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Eden Hazard Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, January 4, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.