Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Javier Hernández, popularly known as Chicharito, is a forward for MLS team LA Galaxy and the Mexican National Football Team. He is widely praised for his speed and skill at scoring for his team.
See the fact file below for more information on the Javier Hernández or alternatively, you can download our 22-page Javier Hernández worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Javier Hernández was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico on June 1, 1988.
- His father is Javier Hernández Gutiérrez, who was also a football player for the Mexican National Team. Gutiérrez was known by the nickname Chícharo. He played for local clubs Tecos F.C, Puebla F.C., and Atlético Morelia. He later became one of the managers of C.D. Guadalajara.
- Javier’s mother Silvia is the daughter of retired football player Tomás Balcázar.
- Javier’s grandfather played for local club C.D. Guadalajara and the Mexican National Team.
- Hernández has a sister named Ana.
- Javier’s family lived in Morelia, Mexico while his father played for the local club.
- Chicharito played football from a young age, spending his youth career with C.D. Guadalajara.
- Chicharito began his professional career with C.D. Guadalajara in 2006, remaining there for four years.
- Despite struggling with a lack of playing time in his first few seasons, Javier began garnering more attention in 2009 as he became a reliable scorer for his team.
- During the first months of 2010, recruiters from Manchester United expressed their interest in Hernández after keen observation.
- His transfer to England became official in July 2010.
- Javier played his first match for United on July 28, 2010; he also scored for the first time.
- He impressed in his debut season for United as a regular goalscorer for the team.
- He finished his first season as the recipient of the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year Award and the World Goalgetter 2011 title.
- Javier helped Manchester United win the Premier League Championship in 2011 and again in 2013.
- In 2014, Chicharito was loaned to Real Madrid on a season-long loan deal.
- Real Madrid later won the 2014 FIFA Club World Cup title.
- His crucial goal secured Madrid’s slot in the semi-finals of the Champions League. Despite this, Madrid did not opt to purchase Hernández from United.
- Hernández moved to German club Bayer Leverkusen in 2015. In his debut season, he was named Bundesliga Player of the Month for three consecutive months.
- Chicharito transferred to English club West Ham United in July 2017, making his debut in August that year.
- Javier scored his 50th Premier League goal in February 2019.
- Spanish club Sevilla F.C. later signed Javier in September 2019.
- After one season with the club, he later moved to the American club LA Galaxy and is reportedly the highest-paid player among Major League Soccer players.
- Chicharito debuted for the Mexico U-20 team in 2007 when he participated in the FIFA U-20 World Cup. Two years later, he would move up to the Senior Team.
- In June 2010, Hernández debuted in his first World Cup. Days later, he would score his first goal in the tournament.
- Mexico won the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2011. Chicharito finished as the tournament’s top scorer and Most Valuable Player.
- Javier represented Mexico at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- In 2017, he became Mexico’s leading goalscorer. His team would later finish fourth at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.
OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL
- In 2012, Chicharito became an ambassador for UNICEF. He also participated in a fundraising effort by Turkish Airlines through their “Passenger Portraits” campaign.
- His nickname is the Spanish word for little pea and is a reference to his father’s nickname.
- Hernández is a practicing Catholic. He is often seen praying on the field prior to his matches.
- Javier is married to Sarah Kohan, an Australian.
- In July 2019, his son Noah was born. He welcomed a daughter named Nala in October 2020.
Javier Hernández Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Javier Hernández across 22 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Javier Hernández worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Javier Hernández, popularly known as Chicharito, who is a forward for MLS team LA Galaxy and the Mexican National Football Team. He is widely praised for his speed and skill at scoring for his team.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Javier Hernández Facts
- Hola, Javier!
- Eyes on the Prize
- Knowing the Legend
- Dream Team
- Club Hopping
- Mr. Worldwide
- Meeting Mexico
- Everyone’s Favorite
- Behind the Play
- The Scoop
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Javier Hernández Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, February 24, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.