Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
Jeff Bezos is an American entrepreneur, philanthropist and billionaire who is the CEO, chairman and founder of the world’s largest e-commerce company and online shopping retailer, Amazon.
See the fact file below for more information on Jeff Bezos or alternatively, you can download our 24-page Jeff Bezos worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Jeff Bezos was born Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He was born to Jacklyn Gise Jorgensen and Ted Jorgensen.
- Jeff Bezos’ parents got divorced and his mother later married Cuban immigrant Mike Bezos. His surname was changed to Bezos after his stepfather adopted him.
- Bezos went to River Oaks Elementary School in Houston from fourth to sixth grade, then to Miami Palmetto High School.
- In 1986, he graduated with Bachelor of Science degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Princeton University. He was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society.
- Upon graduating college, Bezos got job offers from companies including Intel and Bell Labs.
- Bezos’ first job was at Fitel, a financial telecommunications start-up, first as an international trade network head, then as a director of customer service and head of development.
- From 1988 to 1990, he worked at Bankers Trust, a banking organization.
- From 1990 to 1994, he worked as a financial analyst at D.E. Shaw & Co of which he became senior vice president.
- Jeff Bezos left D.E. Shaw & Co to start Amazon, an online bookstore, in his garage in Seattle in 1994. Amazon was named after the Amazon River in South America, the largest river in the world. He first invested $300,000 in the company with the help of his parents.
- Amazon is now known as the largest online retailer in the world. It is based in Seattle, Washington, is the second-largest employer in the United States, and the third most valuable public company in the world.
- By 2016, Amazon had attracted over 130 million customers in the U.S. through its website amazon.com.
- Amazon’s product line includes clothing, consumer electronics, furniture, books, personal items, kitchen supplies, jewelry, musical instruments, toys, automotive items and more.
- Amazon’s products and services have also expanded to include its home brands Amazon Prime, Amazon Fresh, Echo, Kindle, Alexa and Music, among others.
- On February 1, 2018, Amazon reported its highest ever profit of $2 billion in quarterly earnings.
- Bezos owns 16% of the company’s shares.
- Jeff Bezos founded aerospace manufacturer and human spaceflight company, Blue Origin, in September 2000.
- Its headquarters are in Kent, Washington.
- Bob Smith is its current CEO.
- The name Blue Origin was inspired by the Earth being a blue planet and being the point of origin into space.
- Blue Origin’s motto is Gradatim Ferociter, which is Latin for Step by Step, Ferociously.
- The company specializes in spaceflight technology development aimed at building reusable rockets to carry passengers into space.
- New Shepard, a suborbital rocket with a capsule for future paying passengers, is the company’s known work.
The Washington Post
- Bezos purchased The Washington Post, a major American newspaper, in August 2013 for $250 million. He was able to do this by establishing a holding company, Nash Holdings, LLC.
- Bezos was accused at first of controlling the paper’s content but these accusations have since been dismissed.
- In 2014, Bezos appointed Frederick J. Ryan Jr. as Publisher and CEO of The Washington Post. This was the start of The Post gearing more towards digital media.
- In January 2016, Bezos made significant changes by reinventing the paper as a media and technology company through online platforms.
- Bezos Expeditions is Bezos’ venture capital firm. He was one of the first angel investors of Google. His other investments are in the healthcare sector, such as Unity Biotechnology, Grail, Juno Therapeutics, and ZocDoc.
Personal Life & Philanthropic Efforts
- Jeff Bezos is married to novelist MacKenzie Tuttle Bezos. They live in Seattle, Washington, with their three sons and one daughter adopted from China.
- Jeff Bezos funds non-profit projects through Bezos Expeditions, such as the Bezos Center for Innovation at the Seattle Museum of History and Industry, and Bezos Center for Neural Circuit Dynamics.
- He made donations to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, to non-profit organization Worldreader, and TheDream.US, a college scholarship fund for undocumented immigrants, to name a few.
Titles & Recognitions
- Jeff Bezos has an estimated net worth of $126.5 billion. He places number one on the Forbes list of the World’s Billionaires as of 2018.
- Time magazine named him Person of the Year in 1999; and one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018.
- Fortune named him Businessperson of the Year in 2012.
- Harvard Business Review named him as the best-performing CEO in the world in 2014.
- In March 2018, he received the Buzz Aldrin Space Exploration Award for his work with Blue Origin.
- He was awarded Germany’s Axel Springer Award 2018 for Business Innovation and Social Responsibility.
Jeff Bezos Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Jeff Bezos across 24 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Jeff Bezos worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the Jeff Bezos who is an American entrepreneur, philanthropist and billionaire who is the CEO, chairman and founder of the world’s largest e-commerce company and online shopping retailer, Amazon.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Jeff Bezos Facts
- Jeff Bezos Wiki Page
- The Billionaire Bunch
- Amazon Trivia Boxes
- Blue Origin News
- The Washington Narrative
- Jumbled Expeditions
- Match the Titles
- Chosen Charity
- E-Commerce Era
- An Email to Jeff Bezos
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Jeff Bezos Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, May 31, 2018
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.