Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
See the fact file below for more information on the Kylian Mbappé or alternatively, you can download our 25-page Kylian Mbappé worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Kylian Mbappé Lottin was born on December 20, 1998, in Paris, France. He grew up in Bondy, Seine-Saint-Denis.
- Through his father Wilfried, Mbappé is of Cameroonian descent. His mother Fayza is from Algeria.
- Kylian’s younger brother Ethan and adoptive brother Jirès Kembo Ekoko are both football players.
- Mbappé’s father is heavily involved in his career. Mbappé was coached by his father when he joined AS Bondy’s youth team.
- When he was 11, the English club Chelsea invited him to their training grounds. He played with the club’s youth team but decided not to sign with the club.
- Mbappé eventually began training at Clairefontaine academy.
- There, he was scouted by clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City, and Bayern Munich.
- In 2012, Mbappé was invited to Real Madrid. Though he played with the club’s youth team, he wished to develop his skills in France. Eventually, he decided to spend the rest of his youth career at AS Monaco.
- In 2015, after 2 years of training with Monaco, Mbappé debuted for the B-team. Due to his evident skill, he soon moved up to the senior team.
- His first match with the senior team was in December 2015. He became the senior team’s youngest-ever player, a record previously held by Thierry Henry.
- Mbappé helped Monaco win the 2016–17 Ligue 1. He also finished as one of the league’s top scorers.
- Though Monaco finished second in the 2016–17 Coupe de la Ligue, Mbappé was one of the league’s top scorers.
- At the end of the season, Mbappé was declared the UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year and named in the UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year. He was also named in the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League Squad of the season.
- In August 2017, Mbappé transferred to Paris Saint-Germain for €180 million. He became the second most expensive football player and the most expensive teenager. He was joined by FC Barcelona’s Neymar.
- During his debut season, he regularly provided goals and assists for the team.
- In March 2018, PSG won the 2017–18 Coupe de la Ligue. In April, they topped Ligue 1. In May, they won the Coupe de France.
- Mbappé wore the number 7 jersey during the 2018–19 season.
- Though PSG finished second in the Coupe de France, they successfully defended their Ligue 1 title. Mbappé finished as the league’s top scorer and was also named the Ligue 1 Player of the Year.
- In the succeeding season, PSG won the Trophée des Champions. They topped Ligue 1 once more, with Mbappé as the league’s top scorer.
- Though they finished second in the UEFA Champions League, PSG won the Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue.
- Mbappé was declared the French
- Player of the Year for the second time and also finished 6th place for the Ballon d’Or. He was also included in the UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season, which he would also win in the following season.
- During the 2020-2021 season, PSG won the Trophée des Champions and Coupe de France. Mbappé finished as Ligue 1’s top scorer and Player of The Year. He was also included in the Ligue 1 Team of the Season.
- Mbappé debuted for France’s Under-17 team in 2014 and France’s Under-19 team in 2016.
- He helped France win the 2016 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
- He was called up to France’s senior team in 2017. At the time of his debut, he was one of the youngest to ever play for the senior team.
- The following year, France won the 2018 World Cup.
- Mbappé was given the FIFA World Cup Best Young Player Award.
- In September 2020, Mbappé contracted Covid-19.
- He quickly recovered and helped France qualify for the 2021 UEFA Nations League Finals.
- In June 2021, Mbappé participated in the rescheduled UEFA Euro 2020.
OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL
- As a child, Mbappé had posters of his idol Cristiano Ronaldo on his bedroom wall.
- With 51 million followers on Instagram, Mbappé is one of the most followed football players.
- Mbappé is sponsored by Nike and has released his personal line of football boots.
- He became an ambassador for Hublot in 2018.
- He donated the prize money he acquired after the 2018 World Cup to a charity in France that organizes sporting events for children.
- Mbappé was featured on the cover of the FIFA 21 game.
Kylian Mbappé Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Kylian Mbappé across 25 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Kylian Mbappé worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Kylian Mbappé who is a French football player for Paris Saint-Germain and the France national team. Praised for his skill at a young age, he is currently one of the most expensive players in football.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Kylian Mbappé Facts
- Meeting Kylian
- Young Achiever
- Mbappé’s Checklist
- French Pride
- Clubs of France
- What Do You Mean?
- Between the Lines
- Answer Me This
- Mbappé as the Blueprint
- Ideal Eleven
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Kylian Mbappé Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, July 8, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.