Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Marco Reus is a German professional football player who is currently associated with the German national football team and the club Borussia Dortmund as an attacking midfielder.
See the fact file below for more information on the Marco Reus or alternatively, you can download our 22-page Marco Reus worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
CHILDHOOD AND EARLY CAREER
- Marco Reus was born in Dortmund, West Germany, on May 31, 1989. He grew up with two older sisters, Yvonne and Melanie. Their parents were Thomas, a locksmith, and Manuela Reus, an office clerk.
- At 4, Reus had already shown deep interest in football, so his parents helped him get involved with various football clubs in the neighborhood.
- He started his club career with Post SV Dortmund in 1994 and earned recognition from youth coaches soon after.
- This made his parents register him with the youth ranks of Borussia Dortmund in 1996.
- In 2006, he played for the under-19 Rot Weiss Ahlen team.
- Playing for the club’s second team, he played five games in the Westphalia league and scored a goal in each of his first two games. He made 44 appearances with this club and scored 5 goals.
- Showing great potential, Marco Reus attracted big teams from German and European clubs. Soon after, Borussia Mönchengladbach signed the youngster to a four-year contract in 2009.
- He played in the German league Bundesliga and scored 37 goals in 99 appearances over three years until he left in 2012.
- He also helped the team secure a spot in the UEFA Champions League.
- Reus got his biggest offer when he signed a five-year deal with Borussia Dortmund, one of the best football clubs in Germany.
- Reus officially joined Dortmund on July 1, 2012.
- In 2010, Reus was called up to play for the German national team. In the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, he scored 5 goals and set up 3, hence establishing his presence.
- Unfortunately, an ankle injury forced him to withdraw and miss the world tournament. In 2018, he made his return to the World Cup atmosphere. However, the German national team ended their journey early after a disqualification.
- In 2012-2013, his first season with Dortmund, Marco Reus scored 19 goals and set up 15 assists in 49 matches.
- He led his team to the the finals of the UEFA Champions League. However, they lost to Bayern Munich in an iconic game.
- In his 2015–2016 seasons, his goal tally stood at 23 goals in 43 appearances. The season also saw one of his team’s best performances in the series.
- For the next few seasons, Marco appeared in fewer games due to various health issues, but his performance did not suffer.
- Reus played in 30 matches with 15 goals over the next three seasons.
- This was considered to be an above-average performance in a tournament as competitive as Bundesliga.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Due to his consistently good performances, Marco Reus was awarded with several honors in his career.
- In 2012, he was named Footballer of the Year in Germany. The following year, Bloomberg named him one of the top four footballers in Europe and the Borussia Dortmund Player of the Year.
- As part of the national team from 2011 to 2019, he had 13 goals in 44 appearances.
- He was the German National Player of the Year in 2018 and brought honor to his team when ESM named Borussia Dortmund Team of the Year in the 2018–2019 seasons.
- Reus is a big fan of current Arsenal player and Czech midfielder Tomáš Rosický. He played with Reus and Borussia Dortmund for six seasons between 2001 and 2006.
- Reus is a trendsetter and is known for his haircut and his love for tattoos.
- He owns a fashion label named MRXI and models for the brand.
- Reus was also the cover athlete of FIFA 17 (sports video game) after getting the most votes in a fans’ poll organized by Electronic Arts.
Marco Reus Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Marco Reus across 22 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Marco Reus worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Marco Reus who is a German professional football player who is currently associated with the German national football team and the club Borussia Dortmund as an attacking midfielder.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Marco Reus Facts
- Players’ Field
- Borussia Dortmund
- Marco Reus Profile
- Ace Quality
- Rolls Reus
- Reading in Between the Lines
- Football Skills
- Stay in Shape
- Champion’s Gear
- My Motivation
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Marco Reus Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 29, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.