Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Melania Trump, born Melanija Knavs, was born on April 26, 1970. She is a Slovenian-American former fashion model and became the First Lady of the United States as the wife of the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.
See the fact file below for more information on the Melania Trump or alternatively, you can download our 21-page Melania Trump worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Melania Knavs was born in Novo Mesto, Slovenia on April 26, 1970.
- Her father, Viktor Knavs, was a car dealer and her mother Amalija was a designer for children’s clothing.
- She grew up in a modest home with her younger sister and later discovered she had an older half brother, whom her father had from a previous relationship.
- She attended the Secondary School of Design and Photography in Ljubljana and studied architecture and design at the University of Ljubljana for one year.
- She is multilingual and speaks six languages: Slovenian, French, Serbian, German, Italian and English.
CAREER AND VOLUNTEERISM
- She began modeling at five years old and started doing commercial work at sixteen when she posed for the Slovenian fashion photographer Stane Jerko.
- At eighteen, she signed with a modeling agency in Milan, Italy.
- For her modeling career, she too on the last name Knauss, an Slovene adaption of her Knavs.
- In 1996, Knauss moved to Manhattan where her modeling career continued to thrive.
- Melania launched her own line of jewelry in 2010 – Melania Timepiece and Jewelry. She also marketed a Melania Skin Care Collection.
- Melania has been an active member of her community, holding several important volunteer positions including Honorary Chairwoman for the Martha Graham Dance Company, Goodwill Ambassador for the American Red Cross, Honorary Chairwoman for the Boys’ Club of New York, and Chairwoman for the American Heart Association.
- She became a United States citizen in 2006.
- Knauss and Donald Trump became engaged in 2004. On January 22, 2005, they married in an Anglican service at the Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida, followed by a reception in the ballroom at her husband’s Mar-a-Lago estate.
- The Trumps’ wedding ceremony and reception were widely covered by the media. She wore a $200,000 dress made by John Galliano of the house of Christian Dior.
- On March 20, 2006, she gave birth to their son, Barron William Trump. She chose his middle name, while her husband chose his first name.
FIRST LADY OF THE UNITED STATES
- She assumed the role of first lady of the United States on January 20, 2017. She continued living in Manhattan at the Trump Tower with their son, Barron, until the end of his 2016–2017 school year.
- They moved into the White House in Washington, D.C., on June 11, 2017.
- Melania is the second foreign-born First Lady and the first to become a U.S. citizen.
- On March 8, 2017, she hosted her first White House event, a luncheon for International Women’s Day. She spoke to an audience of women about her life as a female immigrant, and about working towards gender equality.
- Trump scheduled a meeting on March 20, 2018 with policy executives from technology companies, including Amazon, Facebook, Google, Snap, and Twitter, to address online harassment and Internet safety, with a particular focus on how those issues affect children.
- Melania took an active role in planning the Trump administration’s first state dinner on April 23, 2018, to honor French president Emmanuel Macron. In October 2018, Trump took a four-country, solo tour of Africa, without her husband, focusing on conservation and children and families, visiting Ghana, Malawi, Kenya, and Egypt.
BE BEST CAMPAIGN
- On May 7, 2018, Trump formally started the Be Best public awareness campaign, which focused on well-being for youth and advocated against cyberbullying and drug use.
- The campaign was accompanied by a booklet that was promoted as having been written “By First Lady Melania Trump and the Federal Trade Commission [FTC].”
Melania Trump Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Melania Trump across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Melania Trump worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Melania Trump, born Melanija Knavs, who was born on April 26, 1970. She is a Slovenian-American former fashion model and became the First Lady of the United States as the wife of the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Melania Trump Facts
- Periods of History
- Trump’s Advocacies
- Biographical Narrative
- Melania in Numbers
- Fact Finder
- First Lady
- Obama Vs Trump
- True or False
- Spotlight Scrutiny
- A Journalist
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Melania Trump Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, March 16, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.