Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Radamel Falcao is an outstanding Colombian footballer who competes as a striker for Ligue 1 club AS Monaco. He is considered to be Colombia’s all-time best player for earning 60 caps and scoring 27 goals for the country. Falcao is also the first Colombian to earned the Portuguese Golden Ball Award.
See the fact file below for more information on the Radamel Falcao or alternatively, you can download our 23-page Radamel Falcao worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Radamel Falcao García Zárate was born on February 10, 1986, in Santa Marta, Colombia. Radamel Garcia and Carmen Zarate are his parents. His father was also a professional Colombian footballer who played as a defender.
- At an early age, Falcao was already interested and passionate about playing football. He completed his education in their native school and started to develop his skills playing with amateurs.
- At the age of 11, Falcao tried out with Amsterdam’s AFC Ajax. Two years after, he made his career debut with ”Lanceros Boyacá”, a Colombian second-tier club. Falcao is considered to be the youngest footballer to debut in Colombian Football.
- At the age of 14, his coach, Hernan Pacheco, allowed him to participate in seven matches. On July 25, 2000, he scored his first goal for the Lanceros club at Estadio Olimpico del Sol against Club El Condor.
- The following year, Falcao was able to join Atletico River Plate, a club in Argentina, where his skills and persistence earned him the nickname “El Tigre”.
- Falcao started playing for a youth team known River Plate in 2001. He became a regular and started for the team when they played during the 2005 Torneo Clausura. They won 3-1.
- Falcao scored his first goal for the club on October 2, 2001. His team won against Independiente with a final score of 3-1. Falcao played a total of seven games under the management of Reinaldo Merlo, giving him great confidence and persistence in the team.
- However, Falcao suffered from severe injuries to the ligaments of his right knee that kept him out of the game for six months. He made his first appearance during the 2006 Copa Sudamericana in a game against Atletico Paranaense that ended with a 2-2 draw. Falcao also played against Rosario Central in the 2006 Torneo Apertura and scored once in a 2-1 win.
- In 2007, out of the eight games he played, he scored in only one. On September 28, 2007, Falcao made his first professional goal. In 2008, club Milan offered $15 million for Falcao, but River Plate rejected the offer, as well as other bids from Aston Villa and Fluminense. Falcao continued to play for River Plate, but they finished last at the 2008 Torneo Apertura.
- In 2009, Falcao greatly progressed and developed as a striker. He finished with 43 goals, which made him the top scorer. In July 2009, Falcao moved to Europe and joined the Porto club on the 15th of the month.
- During his time with Porto, he was able to achieve four goals in the Portuguese League. He and his team defeated Chelsea 1-0 during the UEFA Championship League on September 15.
- Falcao made a winning goal against Atletico Madrid in the Championship League. The following game, his team won over Sporting Clube de Portugal with a score of 1-0.
- Falcao scored two goals during the Taca de Portugal quarterfinals, followed by a winning shot and his fourth goal in the UEFA Championship League Tournament in 2010. On April 3, he was able to score against Maritimo, and he finished the season as the second-highest scorer in the league with a total of 25 goals in all. He had a remarkable season, with 34 goals in all competitions. His team ended the season with a 2-1 win against Chaves.
- In the following season, Falcao became the top goal scorer with seven goals during the UEFA Europa League. He was able to win the league title in the 25th round and became the top-scorer in the competition. At the end of the Europa League, he had scored 17 goals in 14 games.
- Falcao decided to extended his contract with Porto in July 2011, but the team traded him to Atletico Madrid in August 2011. With his new team, Falcao scored a goal in each competition, with a total of 8 goals during the Europa League games.
2011-2012 AND 2012-2013 SEASONS
- Falcao played his first match in the Madrid Derby against Real Madrid, in which he scored his 22nd goal of the season on April 11, 2012. It also made Atletico Madrid become the first team to have ten consecutive wins in the Europa Season League. Falcao became the top scorer and ended up earning the Europa League Title with two different teams, Porto and Atletico Madrid.
- During the 2012-2013 Season, Falcao scored a hat trick (three goals in one game) in the UEFA Super Cup Final. He also earned the top scorer title in the La Liga charts with a total of seven goals. He earned the Copa del Rey domestic cup and helped his team win against Real Madrid. On December 9, he scored five stunning goals in a match that led to Atletico Madrid’s first appearance in the next Champions League.
- In May 2013, Monaco offered Falcao a five-year contract with Ligue 1 promotion. He accepted it and made his debut for the team with a total of seven-goal wins. He also earned the title Top Scorer in Ligue 1 and helped Monaco get to the top of the league table.
- Falcao missed the 2014 FIFA World Cup due to a severe ACL injury. On September 1, he signed a temporary loan contract with Manchester United and scored four goals in 29 games. However, Manchester United refused to sign him as an official player.
- In 2015, Falcao was signed by Chelsea for a season-long deal, but he was later replaced in February 2016 after suffering from severe muscular injuries during training.
- In the 2015-2016 Season, Falcao returned to Monaco and became the team captain. He achieved the Ligue 1 title at the end of the season and scored 30 goals in 43 appearances for the club.
- During the 2017 Season, Falcao scored seven goals in four of Monaco’s league matches.
Radamel Falcao Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Radamel Falcao across 23 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Radamel Falcao worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Radamel Falcao who is an outstanding Colombian footballer who competes as a striker for Ligue 1 club AS Monaco. He is considered to be Colombia’s all-time best player for earning 60 caps and scoring 27 goals for the country. Falcao is also the first Colombian to earned the Portuguese Golden Ball Award.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Radamel Falcao Facts
- Falcao’s Profile Writing
- Falcao’s Achievements
- Filling the Matches
- Reaching Falcao’s Goals
- Footballer’s Shoes
- Football Vocabulary
- Find the Goals
- Memorable Shot!
- Falcao’s Analysis
- El Tigre’s Words
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Radamel Falcao Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, July 30, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.