Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Steven Spielberg is an American filmmaker, screenwriter and producer who popularized science fiction and high grossing adventure films such as Jaws, E.T., Back to the Future, Schindler’s List, Jurassic Park, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me if you Can, Lincoln and War of the Worlds. He also co-founded DreamWorks SKG, which was later purchased by Paramount Pictures in 2005.
See the fact file below for more information on Steven Spielberg or alternatively, you can download our 22 page Steven Spielberg worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
Early Life and Career:
- Steven Allan Spielberg was born on December 18, 1946, in Cincinnati, Ohio, to an Orthodox Jewish family. His father, Arnold was an electrical engineer, and his mother, Leah Frances (Posner), was a concert pianist and restaurateur.
- While a student, he interned at Universal Studios and made a theatrical short film that pave the way to a career in directing. He was the youngest director to sign a long-term contract with a studio.
Long-term deal with a Hollywood Studio
- He dropped out of school and began directing TV productions. He later completed a B.A. Degree in Film and Electronic Arts at California State University, Long Beach, in 2002, and became a member of the Theta Chi Fraternity.
- In 1982, he founded his first film company, Amblin Entertainment, and produced several movies including Back in the future (1995) and two sequels, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1998).
- He co-founded Dreamworks SKG along with Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.
- Four decades in the film industry has seen Spielberg’s interest change. He was initially interested in sci-fi and adventure genres, while in later years he became more inclined to humanitarian struggles such as war, terrorism and the holocaust.
- He is the chairman and CEO of Amblin Partners. He leads the content creation company in partnership with Reliance Entertainment, Entertainment One, Participant Media, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Pictures.
Famous Films Produced and Directed
- The Sugarland Express (1974)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- Jaws (1975)
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Minority Report (2002)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- The Terminal (2004)
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)War of the Worlds (2005)
- Munich (2005)
- Indiana Jones : The Temple of Doom (1984)Hook (1991)
- Indiana Jones: The Kingdom of Crystal Skull(2008)
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1993)
- The Adventures of TinTin (2011)
- Schindler’s List (1993)
- War Horse (2011)
- Lincoln (2012)
- Jurassic Park (1997)
- He has had two spouses, namely:
- Amy Irving (November 1985 – February 1989) (divorced).
- Conceived one child named Max.
- They met in the Close Encounters audition room.
- His divorced with Amy was labelled one of the most expensive divorces of 1989. Amy received an estimated $100 million divorce settlement.
- Kate Capshaw (October 1991- present).
- He met her when he cast her in Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom.
- They have five children together.
Awards and Achievements
- Spielberg received Academy Awards for
- Best Director for Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan.
- He is a three-time Oscar Best Director winner.
- He was an American Film Institute Life Achievement Award recipient (1995).
- 1999 Distinguished Public Service Award, the U.S. Navy’s highest civilian honor recipient for the movie Saving Private Ryan.
- Received Germany’s Cross of Merit with star (1998 ) for representation of Germany’s history in Schindler’s List (1993).
- Received an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree from Yale University (2002).
- Ranked #1 in Empire (U.K.) magazine’s “The Greatest Directors Ever” (2005).
- Given Hollywood Walk of Fame star.
- Honored as Commander in the Order of the Crown by outgoing Finance Minister Didier Reynders in Brussel, Belgium (October 2011), for the new film – The Adventures of Tintin:
- The Secret of the Unicorn.
- Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom (November 2015).
Steven Spielberg Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about filmmaker Steven Spielberg across 22 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Steven Spielberg worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Steven Spielberg who is an American filmmaker, screenwriter and producer who popularized science fiction and high grossing adventure films.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Steven Spielberg Facts
- Steven’s Biography
- Name That Movie
- Spielberg’s Filmography
- Mix and Match
- Run for Your Lives!
- Isn’t Steven?
- Alter Ego
- Famous Directors
- Fill in the Facts
- Click or Not Click
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Steven Spielberg Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 19, 2018
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.