The apple is a fleshy fruit from the apple tree. It is in the species Malus domestica in the rose family Rosaceae and is one of the most grown tree fruits.
Included in this study pack are 8 ready-to-use printable worksheets that are perfect for use in science class when discussing healthy eating or nutrition.
These worksheets can also be used in ELA for students to practice reading informational text and writing answers based on their learning. This cross-curricular learning is an excellent way to teach fundamental English language reading and writing using varied topics to keep students engaged.
After completing these worksheets students will be able to:
- Read and understand a series of informational facts about apples,the different varieties, how apples are used and why they are a health food
- Use the learning from the sample text to fill in the blanks and complete the sentences
- Learn about the varieties of apples and fill in the blanks for 5 common apple types
- Understand what makes an apple healthy and nutritious
- Brainstorm as many snacks, drinks, desserts as they can, labelling which ones are unhealthy
- Write a list of 10 reasons why we should all aim to eat a healthy diet
Included in this study guide
- Informational Text: Apple Facts
- Variety of Apples Activity
- Apple Facts Fill in the Blanks
- Label the Parts of the Apple
- Understanding Nutrition Text
- Healthy or Unhealthy?
- Benefits of Healthy Eating
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Apple Worksheets and Healthy Eating: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 20, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.