Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Kids love learning about the solar system because it ignites the imagination – tiny stars twinkling in the night sky are actually worlds millions of miles away that are totally different to our own. In this pack, we’ll provide a framework to build your curriculum around using KidsKonnect worksheets.
See the fact file below for more information on the Solar System Curriculum or alternatively, you can download our 8-page Solar System Curriculum worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
Where to start
- You have two choices: You can begin with the Solar System worksheet pack and then drill down into all the components of our solar system.
- Alternatively, you can start with components closer to home, like the Sun and Mercury and work your way out all the way to Pluto and the broader topic of the Solar System.
- Start the lesson off with an educational video, like the one we’ve provided here in order to get kids thinking and engaging in the lesson before going through the fact file.
- A great way to bring creativity to the class is to create a model of the solar system. With each lesson, a planet or moon can be created and added to the model. This can be done with simple, readily available materials. You can find out how to make a model of the solar system here.
- Alternatively, have your students draw or paint different parts of the solar system.
- Make sure with each lesson that students are familiar with key vocabulary, such as orbit, gravity, asteroid, etc. Words like solar system can be broken down into “solar” meaning sun, meaning a system of planets orbiting around a sun.
- Work through the Sun, dwarf planets, gas giants, moons, asteroids and comets.
- When you’ve completed the planets, move on to our relationship with the solar system including the development of astronomy as a science, notable early astronomers.
- You can then move on to humans in space by exploring the Space Race, the development of space shuttles, training to be astronauts, followed by the moon landing, and the International Space Station.
- If the interest in space is well and truly lit, you can then expand further into space with worksheets on galaxies, black holes, supernova, and more.
Solar System Curriculum Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Solar System Curriculum across 8 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Solar System Curriculum worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the solar system because it ignites the imagination – tiny stars twinkling in the night sky are actually worlds millions of miles away that are totally different to our own. In this pack, we’ll provide a framework to build your curriculum around using KidsKonnect worksheets.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Teaching the Solar System
- Lesson Plan Template
- Suggested Worksheets
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Solar System Curriculum Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 27, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.