Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
Being self-aware means understanding oneself. A person who is self-aware knows how to evaluate himself and has control over how to respond to his surroundings.
See the fact file below for more information on Self-Awareness or alternatively, you can download our 20-page Self-Awareness worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
Self – Awareness
- Self-awareness is a skill wherein people recognize their strengths and weaknesses.
- Highly self-aware people can synchronize their feelings and thoughts that influence their actions.
- The process of learning how to be self-aware is not easy but once reached, it helps in achieving goals, happiness, and success.
Types of Self-Awareness
- Public Self-Awareness
- This is when people are aware of how others see them.
- Private Self-Awareness
- This is when a person is aware of himself and what he feels in a private way.
- An example is the feeling of nervousness.
Activities for Self-Awareness
- Giving yourself alone time, which allows you to be aware of your thoughts and feelings.
- Keeping a journal where feelings can be freely expressed and self-reflect on what happened during the day.
- Do activities that will help develop and improve the mind such as yoga and meditation.
- Make a list of your strengths and weaknesses.
Other Tips on Improving Self-Awareness
- Acknowledge and be honest to yourself about your feelings.
- If you have problems, be open to your parents or close friends.
- Always consider the feelings of other people.
- Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses.
- Think of the things that are important to you.
- In performing tasks, do some self-instruction, evaluate how long it takes to finish it, and always identify the important learnings that you will gain in every task.
- Manage your emotions and know your triggers such as when you are angry or annoyed.
- Having control over your emotions can help you be calm and determine the action to respond.
- Take criticisms and turn them into positive traits.
Importance of Self-Awareness
- It helps in keeping a better understanding of the people around you and building a better relationship with them.
- It helps you become better at decision-making.
- It develops self-esteem and confidence.
- It gives a you a better outlook in life.
- It guides you to a stress-free, healthier, and happier life.
Getting to know yourself is a long process so be patient, acknowledge your mistakes, and enjoy the new learnings.
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Self-Awareness across 20 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Self-Awareness which is knowing how to evaluate oneself and control how to respond to situations.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Self-Awareness for Kids Facts
- Do You Know Yourself?
- Who Am I
- Strength & Weaknesses
- Assessing Yourself
- I Know Myself Best
- For This Year
- People Change
- What Will You Do?
- Controlling Emotions
- Mood Tracker
- Someday I Will…
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Self-Awareness Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, November 4, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.