Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
The order of the astrological signs is Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. The concept of the zodiac originated in Babylonian astrology, and was later influenced by Hellenistic culture.
See the fact file below for more information on the Zodiac Signs or alternatively, you can download our 23-page Zodiac Signs worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
Zodiac Signs Facts
- The Elements of the Zodiac Signs
- Each of the zodiac signs is ruled by an element: water, fire, earth, or air. Each of the elements is characterized by different strengths and tendencies. But how each star sign is affected by its element is unique to that sign.
- The Qualities of the Zodiac
- Every sign of the zodiac is attached to a quality: cardinal, mutable, or fixed. The qualities play uniquely essential roles in the world, and it’s good to have a balance of them on any team.
- The Rulers of the Zodiac
- Each of the zodiac signs is also associated with a planet, called its ruler. This planet exerts a stronger influence over a given sign than any other planet. It affects how your zodiac sign interacts with others, approaches life, and forms relationships.
WESTERN ZODIAC SIGNS
The Ram | Dates: Mar 21 – Apr 19
Traits: Eager, dynamic, quick, and competitive
The Bull | Dates: Apr 20 – May 20
Traits: Strong, dependable, sensual, and creative
The Twins| Dates: May 21 – June 20
Traits: Versatile, expressive, curious, and kind
The Crab | Dates: June 21 – July 22
Traits: Intuitive, sentimental, compassionate, and protective
The Lion | Dates: July 23- Aug 22
Traits: Dramatic, outgoing, fiery, and self-assured
The Virgin | Dates: Aug 23 – Sep 22
Traits: Practical, loyal, gentle, and analytical
The Scales | Dates: Sep 23 – Oct 22
Traits: Social, fair-minded, diplomatic, and gracious
The Scorpion | Dates: Oct 23 – Nov 21
Traits: Passionate, stubborn, resourceful, and brave
The Archer | Dates: Nov 22 – Dec 21
Traits: Extroverted, optimistic, funny, and generous
The Goat | Dates: Dec 22 – Jan 19
Traits: Serious, independent, disciplined, and tenacious
The Water Bearer | Dates: Jan 20 – Feb 18
Traits: Deep, imaginative, original, and uncompromising
The Fish | Dates:Feb 19 – Mar 20
Traits: Affectionate, empathetic, wise, and artistic
CHINESE ZODIAC SIGNS
- The Chinese zodiac, or shengxiao, is a repeating cycle of 12 years, with each year being represented by an animal and its reputed attributes. In order, the 12 animals are: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
- Chinese zodiac animals have lucky meanings. Chinese people associate each animal with certain characteristics. It’s believed that people born in a given year have the personality of that year’s animal.
Year: 2008, 1996, 1984, 1972, 1960
Personality Traits: Quick-witted, resourceful, versatile, kind
Western Analog: Sagittarius
Year: 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, 1961
Personality Traits: Diligent, dependable, strong, determined
Western Analog: Capricorn
Year: 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, 1962
Personality Traits: Brave, confident, competitive
Western Analog: Aquarius
Year: 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963
Personality Traits: Quiet, elegant, kind, responsible
Western Analog: Pisces
Year: 2012, 2000, 1988, 1976, 1964
Personality Traits: Confident, intelligent, enthusiastic
Western Analog: Aries
Year: 2013, 2001, 1989, 1977, 1965
Personality Traits: Enigmatic, intelligent, wise
Western Analog: Taurus
Year: 2014, 2002, 1990, 1978, 1966
Personality Traits: Animated, active, energetic
Western Analog: Gemini
Year: 2015, 2003, 1991, 1979, 1967
Personality Traits: Calm, gentle, sympathetic
Western Analog: Cancer
Year: 2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968
Personality Traits: Sharp, smart, curious
Western Analog: Leo
Year: 2017, 2005, 1993, 1981, 1969
Personality Traits: Observant, hardworking, courageous
Western Analog: Virgo
Year: 2018, 2006, 1994, 1982, 1970
Personality Traits: Lovely, honest, prudent
Western Analog: Libra
Year: 2019, 2007, 1995, 1983, 1971
Personality Traits: Compassionate, generous, diligent
Western Analog: Scorpio
THE ELEMENTS OF THE ZODIAC SIGNS
- THE FIRE SIGNS
- The Trailblazers of the Zodiac
- Ruled by the quick and active Fire element, these three zodiac signs are all about initiation, enthusiasm, courage, and moving forward. They shine a bright light on life and command attention wherever they go. Always ready to instigate others and start something new, Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are the true trailblazers of the zodiac.
- THE EARTH SIGNS
- The Pragmatists of the Zodiac
- Under the influence of the solid and practical Earth element, these three zodiac signs thrive on strength, determination, and practicality, and are at one with the physical world. They are focused and disciplined, eager to get the job done. Creating a true sense of foundation and security in the world, Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn are the most pragmatic signs of the zodiac.
- THE AIR SIGNS
- The Intellects of the Zodiac
- Ruled by the clear and direct Air element, these three zodiac signs embrace truth, conversation, and ideas. They are communicators, mediators, and fighters of truth and justice. With sharp minds and a real sense of social awareness, Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius are the intellects of the zodiac.
- THE WATER SIGNS
- The Intuitives of the Zodiac
- With Water as their guiding force, these three zodiac signs have soft hearts, open minds, and old souls. They are lovers and nurturers, and live their lives with a deep understanding of what’s happening around them – the seen and the unseen. Sensitive, soulful, and connected, Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces are the intuitives of the zodiac.
Zodiac Signs Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Zodiac Signs across 23 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Zodiac Signs worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the Zodiac Signs. The order of the astrological signs is Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. The concept of the zodiac originated in Babylonian astrology, and was later influenced by Hellenistic culture.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Which Zodiac Sign?
- Guess the Zodiac Sign
- Western VS Chinese
- Zodiac Creation
- Star Hunt
- Zayron’s Zodiac Poem
- Star Hunters
- Creative Sign
- Zodiac Maze
- What’s New?
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Zodiac Signs Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, January 14, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.