COMPLETE 26 page guide to the Olympics.
This entire Unit plan will give your students or children the entire education they need on all things surrounding both the modern day and ancient Olympics. With over 26 pages of challenging worksheets and activities this is a comprehensive unit plan to use in any learning environment.
Within this unit you will explore all aspects of the Olympics. From the background and information on the very first Olympics right through to exploring modern day Olympics and the prestige of winning a medal at such an event. Students are also challenged at the end of each study guide with a number of unique worksheets. Each worksheet has been designed to specifically test the child’s knowledge and understanding of the Olympics. Below are listed the main concepts that students may understand by the completion of these worksheets.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and answer challenging questions based on the accompanying study guide.
- Variety of worksheets and concepts to expand the students mind and align with common core study criteria.
- Key learning points:
- Highlight the history of the Olympics and how it’s impacted the modern day events.
- Encourages the student to apply knowledge learnt to their studies.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
- Worksheets aim to generate analysis and understanding of both the historic nature of this subject as well as the modern day version.
- The student will actively reflect on their studies.
- Creativity is challenged throughout due to the nature of some of the worksheets.
Included in This Worksheet (PDF Format)
- Olympics Study Guide & Fact File
- Fill in the Blank Quiz Sheet
- Fill in the Blank Quiz Answers
- Olympics Word Search
- Olympics Acrostic Poem
- Olympics Brainstorm
- Olympics Word Scramble
- Olympics In Images Quiz
- Olympics In Images Quiz Answers
- Olympics Emblem Task
- Olympic games compare & contrast worksheet
- Olympic games questions worksheet
- Olympic host cities card sort
- Olympic host cities card sort answers
- Olympic hereos worksheet
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.