Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is a children’s book. It was written by L. Frank Baum. The book was first published by the George M. Hill Company on 17 May 1900. The first edition has pictures drawn by W. W. Denslow. The story is about a little girl named Dorothy. She is swept away from her home in Kansas by a storm. She lands in a magical place called Oz. She makes friends with a scarecrow, a tin woodman, and a cowardly lion. She meets good witches and bad witches. See the fact file below for more information about the Wizard of Oz or download the comprehensive worksheet pack which can be utilised within the classroom or home environment.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was written by L. Frank Baum, in 1900.
- He died twenty years before the film, The Wizard of Oz, was released.
- Judy Garland (Dorothy), Ray Bolger (Scarecrow), Jack Haley (Tinman) and Bert Lahr (Cowardly Lion) were the main characters in the film.
- “Over the Rainbow” won the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- Baum wrote 13 sequels to the book and they all belonged to the “The Oz Books”.
- The book was illustrated by Baum’s friend and collaborator W.W. Denslow, who also co-held the copyright. For the time, the design of the book was expensive because of the colored illustrations on every page.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz has been translated into over 40 languages.
- In modern times, it is widely held as a classic of children’s literature. However, sometimes it has received criticism because of the witches in the book.
- Not only did Baum’s book become one of the best known movies of all times, but it also became a stage play in 1902.
- Fox Studios would not loan Shirley Temple to MGM Studios to play Dorothy, so the role went to Judy Garland.
Wizard of Oz Worksheets
This bundle includes 17 ready-to-use Wizard of Oz worksheets that are perfect for students to learn about The Wonderful Wizard of Oz which is a children’s book. It was written by L. Frank Baum. The book was first published by the George M. Hill Company on 17 May 1900.
This download includes the following worksheets:
- The Wizard of Oz facts
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Summary
- Wonderworld Characters Match
- Wonderworld Quick Guideline
- Vocabulary Check
- Wonderword Find
- Coloring the Wonderworld
- Quick Quiz
- Quotes and Analysis
- Adaptations of the Wizard of Oz
- Film Adaptation of the Wizard of Oz
- Off-Camera Star
- Casting my Wonderland Characters
- Wonderland Filming
- Wonderland Manpower
- Wonderland Poster
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Wizard of Oz Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, January 5, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.