Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
J.K. Rowling is a British novelist best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The books have gained worldwide attention, won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and been adapted into award-winning movies as well.
See the fact file below for more information on the J.K. Rowling or alternatively, you can download our 18-page J.K. Rowling worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
EARLY AND PERSONAL LIFE
- Joanne Rowling, also known as J.K. Rowling was born on July 31, 1965, in Yate, Gloucestershire, England. Her sister, Dianne, was born at their home when Rowling was 23 months old. Her parents are Peter and Anne Rowling.
- She grew up with the love for reading as her parents loved reading. She then wrote her first book at the age of six, a story about a rabbit called Rabbit. It is about Rabbit who is visited by her friends when he got sick with measles.
- Joanne went to Wyedean Comprehensive School and studied French and Classics at the University of Exeter, where later on she drew the Harry Potter charms and spells from.
EARLY AND PERSONAL LIFE
- The Harry Potter book idea came to Joanne in the year 1990 when she was on a train traveling from Manchester to London’s King’s cross and began thinking about a boy wizard and all his adventures. When she reached her flat in London she began writing the story.
- On October 16, 1992, Rowling married television journalist Jorge Arantes. Their daughter, Jessica Isabel Rowling Arantes, was born on July 27, 1993, in Portugal. They later divorced and in December 1994, Rowling and her daughter moved to Scotland.
- Harry Potter was accepted for publication by Bloomsbury and its first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone quickly became a hit in the year 1997. Harry Potter has since broken many records where its last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows became the fastest-selling book, selling 2.65 million copies in the first 24 hours in the UK.
- Harry Potter books are now published in 80 languages with 500 million copies sold worldwide. These books were also adapted into a blockbuster film franchise.
- She later on wrote 3 companion volumes in aid of charity: Quidditch through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
CAREER AND SUCCESSES
- Joanne published the novel The Casual Vacancy in 2012, followed by the crime novel Cuckoo Calling under the pen name Robert Galbraith in 2013.
- In 2016, she released a play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- In 2012, J.K. Rowling’s digital company Pottermore was launched. She also has written a film script inspired by Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which was released in November 2016 and its second installment Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald in November 2018.The third untitled film is scheduled to be released in November 2020.
J.K. Rowling Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about J.K. Rowling across 18 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use J.K. Rowling worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about J.K. Rowling who is a British novelist best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The books have gained worldwide attention, won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and been adapted into award-winning movies as well.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- J.K. Rowling Facts
- Book Genre
- Her Magical World
- The Daily Prophet
- Pseudonym Part I
- Pseudonym Part II
- The Best Wizard
- Book Plan Part I
- Book Plan Part II
- Her Powerful Charms
- Tweet Rowling
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as J.K. Rowling Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, February 24, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.