Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Michael Jordan is a professional American basketball player and is considered as one of the legends of the sport. He led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships and won five Most Valuable Player awards. He also starred in the film Space Jam.
See the fact file below for more information on the Michael Jordan or alternatively, you can download our 19-page Michael Jordan worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Born on February 17, 1963, Michael Jordan is one of the five children of Delores, a bank teller, and James, a manager at the General Electric Company.
- In 1981, Jordan entered the University of North Carolina, where he became a member of the school’s basketball team.
- In 1983 and 1984, he was named as the NCAA College Player of the Year.
- In 1984, he joined the NBA. After a year, he finished his bachelor’s degree in geography and continued to play in the NBA.
- In the same year, he became a member of the U.S Olympic basketball team. His first appearance in the Olympics was a victory, as they won gold.
THE CHICAGO BULLS AND BASEBALL
- After being drafted by the Chicago Bulls, Jordan received the NBA Rookie of the Year Award, followed by his selection for the All-Star Game.
- For his second season in the playoffs, Jordan scored more than 3,000 points in a single season, making him the first player to do so since Wilt Chamberlain.
- In 1990, the Chicago Bulls made it to the Eastern Conference Finals against Los Angeles Lakers. They won their first NBA championship and Jordan proved himself on the court.
- By 1992, the Bulls won their second championship against the Portland Trail Blazers and dominated the world of basketball after winning back-to-back the following year.
- In 1994, Jordan tried minor league baseball and returned to basketball in 1995. Again, the Chicago Bulls won against the Seattle Sonics in the 1995-1996 season. Victory for the Chicago Bulls followed in 1997 and 1998, defeating the Utah Jazz.
- In 1998, Jordan retired from baseball and joined the Washington Wizards the following year as the team’s part owner.
- Before finally retiring in 2003, Jordan played two seasons for the Wizards.
- In baseball, Jordan initially became the Birmingham Barons’ outfielder before joining the Scottsdale Scorpions. He was named as one of the worst baseball players, which encouraged him to return to basketball in 1995.
BUSINESS VENTURES AND AWARDS
- In 2018, Forbes estimated Michael Jordan’s profit to be over $1 billion. Among his businesses, his partnership with Nike and ownership of the Charlotte Hornets contributed the most.
- It was in 1984 when Jordan first signed a deal with Nike. The following year, the signature Air Jordan was launched which gave Jordan 25% in royalties. For more than 30 years, Air Jordan remains to be the best-selling product of Nike.
- In addition to Nike, Jordan also signed endorsement deals with Upper Deck, Gatorade, Hanes, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, and Chevrolet.
- In 1996, the basketball superstar starred in a mixed live action and animation film Space Jam.
- Formerly known as the Bobcats, Jordan bought a share of the Charlotte Hornets in 2006. By 2010, while holding majority of the shares, Jordan served as the team’s chairman.
- Between 2001 and 2014, he hosted the Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational, an annual charitable golf event supporting the several foundations including Cats Care, Keep Memory Alive, Make-A-Wish, and the James R. Jordan Foundation.
- In 1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, and 1998, Jordan received the Most Valuable Player Award from the NBA.
- In April 2009, he was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, one of the basketball’s greatest honors.
- In 2016, US President Barack Obama presented him with a Presidential Medal of Freedom honor.
Michael Jordan Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Michael Jordan across 19 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Michael Jordan worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Michael Jordan who is a professional American basketball player and is considered as one of the legends of the sport. He led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships and won five Most Valuable Player awards. He also starred in the film Space Jam.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Michael Jordan Facts
- Basketball Legends
- Sports Superstars
- Slam Dunk
- Basketball History
- New in Sports!
- The Space Jam
- World of Sports
- Hall of Famers
- Jordan 23
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Michael Jordan Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, September 3, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.