Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Self-Management (Goal-setting activities) help control behaviour, emotions, and thoughts in different scenarios. With high self-management, a person can be productive and efficient in achieving their goals.
See the fact file below for more information on Self-Management or alternatively, you can download our 26-page Self-Management worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
What Is Self-Management?
- Being able to manage oneself is considered a skill.
- You are your own boss and unleash a better version of yourself.
- Having good self-management helps in maintaining focus.
- A person who practices good self-management can focus on their long-term and short-term goals without getting distracted easily.
- Self-management can be developed with a strong foundation of self-awareness.
Important Skills for Self-Management
- Impulse control
- Impulse control is the ability to say no.
- There are times when people find it hard to say no, especially when they are stuck in a situation.
- To avoid such situations, a person must be able to assess themselves by asking questions such as:
- Do I want to do this?
- Do I need to do this?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?
- Goal setting
- Goal setting doesn’t always have to start big.
- Practicing goal setting can also start with a small thing like waking up early.
- Stress management
- Sometimes people don’t realize how stressed they are.
- When stress gets ignored, it can turn into suppressed stress which may trigger emotions such as anger, irritation, and frustration.
- Signs of stress must be recognized so they can be addressed and you can find different ways to let it out.
- Often, stress can be relieved through communication, hobbies, sports, music, and other recreational activities.
- A person can learn from their mistakes through self-evaluation.
- It can serve as a motivation to try again and succeed.
- Analyze the process, know the challenges, and think about ways to improve oneself.
- The result is significant, but the process is notable as well.
- Being organized is a skill that has personal and professional benefits.
- Kids are naturally messy, and if this habit remains unchanged, it may cause problems when they grow up.
- A SMART goal is an effective guide in goal setting.
- SMART is an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely.
- These five elements are significant in helping increase the chances of achieving goals.
S – a goal must be specific and clear
M – it must be measurable or can track progress towards achieving goals
A – it must be achievable
R – it must be relevant to your life, so you know why you have that goal
T – set a timeline as to when you can start and achieve your goal
Effective Ways to Improve Self-Management
- Sometimes, knowing your rating helps improve yourself.
- Practice doing time management logs.
- You can use different tools such as calendars and planners.
- Set rules and follow them.
- Accept honest feedback.
- Follow specific deadlines.
- Always be patient.
- Reflect on yourself.
- Prioritize your health and well-being.
- Know your strengths and your priorities.
- Acknowledge emotions, and do not let them decide for you.
- Always remember to take a break.
Advantages of Having Self-Management
- There are many advantages to developing self-management.
- Some of these include:
- It helps improve confidence, motivation, reliability, and eagerness.
- It improves performance.
- It boosts self-esteem.
- It increases self-efficacy in setting goals.
- It improves multitasking.
- It improves decision-making.
- You do not wake up and gain self-management skills immediately.
- You have to work for it by having constant practice and a lot of patience.
- If you fail today, remember that you can always try and strive again.
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Self-Management across 26 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets that are perfect for teaching about Self-Management which helps a person be productive and efficient in achieving their goals.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Self-Management Facts
- Truth or Lie?
- Friendship Goals
- Wish Come True
- Focus on Your Goals
- Knowing My Goals
- Anger Management
- Set Your Goals
- Something New
- My Planner
- In 10 Years I Will…
- Goal Game
- Have a Great Day!
- My Pie
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Self-Management Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, December 2, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.