Your students will love these challenging compare & contrast worksheets within this comprehensive unit plan. These worksheets have paragraphs of text all tied to learning this key skill.
Within this unit the same concept and approach is utilised to engage the student. This are done over a number of unique worksheets. Each worksheet has a number of compare and contrast answers based on a paragraph of text associated with each. Below are listed the main concepts that students may understand by the completion of these worksheets.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and gauge an understanding on each worksheet
- Repetitive concept to increase students knowledge of compare and contrast based work.
- Key learning points:
- Worksheet focuses on the ways in which certain things or ideas – usually two of them – are similar to (this is the comparison) and/or different from (this is the contrast) one another
- Encourages the student to make connections between texts or ideas.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
- Generates interesting analysis as it goes past the concept of a summary.
- Generates more interesting Analysis
- The student will actively reflect on the similarities and differences and help them gain a deeper understanding of what they are comparing.
Included in this worksheet pack
1: Compare & Contrast Worksheet 1
2: Compare & Contrast Worksheet 2
3: Compare & Contrast Worksheet 3
4: Compare & Contrast Worksheet 4
5: Compare & Contrast Worksheet 5
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.