Your students will love these challenging reading comprehension worksheets within this comprehensive unit plan. These worksheets have an two study sheets of text all tied to learning this key skill.
Within this unit the same concept and approach is utilised to engage the student. This are done over a number of unique worksheets. Each worksheet has a number of reading comprehension questions as well as exploring the what they were thinking concept which puts the student in the shoes of the characters within the study passage.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and gauge an understanding on each worksheet
- Repetitive concept to increase students knowledge.
- Key learning points:
- Worksheet focuses on helping students analyse text and answer a number of challenging questions based on what they have learnt.
- Encourages the student to make connections between what they have read and what each character is thinking within the passage.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
Included in this worksheet pack
1: The Twits by Roald Dahl Text
2: Comprehension Worksheet
3: What were they thinking Worksheet
4: Little Red Riding Hood Text
5: Comprehension Worksheet
6: What were they thinking Worksheet
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Reading Comprehension Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, June 3, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.