Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Photosynthesis is the process by which plants and other things make food. It is a chemical process that uses sunlight to turn carbon dioxide into sugars the cell can use as energy. As well as plants, many kinds of algae, protists and bacteria use it to get food. See the fact file below for more information about photosynthesis or download the comprehensive worksheet pack which can be utilised within the classroom or home environment.
- Photosynthesis is the process where a plants uses the sun’s energy to turn light into chlorophyll.
- Photosynthesis is the single most important chemical process on the earth.
- Almost all plants needs the sun in order to survive.
- Plants produce oxygen during this process and utilize carbon dioxide.
- All people and animals need oxygen to survive.
- The process of photosynthesis mostly takes place in the chloroplasts of plant leaf mesophyll cells.
- Photosynthesis is affected by temperature, light intensity, light wavelength and carbon dioxide level.
- Pine trees and other conifers have evolved over the years to grow in a triangle shape because of photosynthesis. The triangular shape exposes most of its needles to the sun, especially the ones near the top of the tree. This allows the tree to grow taller and retain this shape.
- Animals need other animals or plants in order to receive food energy.
- Researchers have discovered a sea slug that creates its own energy through photosynthesis. When the slugs eats algae, it doesn’t fully digest it. What remains in the slug’s system continues to photosynthesize the food and provide food energy for the slug.
This bundle includes 19 ready-to-use Photosynthesis worksheets that are perfect for students to learn about Photosynthesis which is the process by which plants and other things make food. It is a chemical process that uses sunlight to turn carbon dioxide into sugars the cell can use as energy.
This download includes the following worksheets:
- Photosynthesis Short History and Facts
- Photosynthesis Timeline
- The Alien World
- Seasonal Leaf
- Light Dependent Reaction
- Quick Research
- The Calvin Cycle
- Process Narration
- The Importance of Photosynthesis
- True or False
- Can Plants grow without Photosynthesis?
- Plant Acrostics
- All Shapes and Sizes
- How Tall can Trees Grow?
- Tree Photosynthesis
- Artificial Light
- Quick Research
- Plant Essentials
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Photosynthesis Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, December 9, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.