Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
Matter is the substance of which all material is made. That means objects which have mass. Energy is used in science to describe how much potential a physical system has to change. In physics, energy is a property of matter. It can be transferred between objects, and converted in form. It cannot be created or destroyed.
See the fact file below for more information about matter and energy or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment
- Everything in the Universe is made up of matter and energy.
- Matter is anything that has mass and occupies space.
- Matter describes the physical things around us: the earth, the air you breathe, your pencil. Matter is made up of particles called atoms and molecules. Atoms are particles of elements – substances that cannot be broken down further.
- There are currently 109 known elements, but obviously there are more than 109 different substances in the universe. This is because atoms of elements can combine with one another to form compounds.
- There are 4 fundamental states of matter: solid, liquid, gas and plasma.
- Energy is the ability to cause change or do work.
- Some forms of energy include light, heat, chemical, nuclear, electrical energy and mechanical energy.
- There are two main types of energy: potential and kinetic. Potential energy is energy that is stored, while kinetic energy is energy in use.
- In order for electrical energy to flow, it must follow a complete path through a circuit.
- Dark matter refers to material that can’t be detected by their emitted radiation but whose presence can be inferred from gravitational effects on visible matter, like stars and galaxies. Dark energy, or negative energy, is the energy found in space.
For more information, visit A Level Chemistry.
Matter and Energy Worksheets
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Matter and Energy Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about Matter which is the substance of which all material is made. That means objects which have mass. Energy is used in science to describe how much potential a physical system has to change. In physics, energy is a property of matter.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Matter and Energy Facts
- Matter and Energy True or False
- Tweet Tweet
- Word Jumble
- State the State
- Let’s Play Ball
- Old to New
- Dark Matter Fiction
- Let There Be Light
- Everyday Energy
- Next Big Thing
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Matter and Energy Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, November 13, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.