Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
A farm is a piece of land used to grow plants and/or raise animals for food. People who grow these plants or raise these animals are called farmers. This type of work is called farming.
See the fact file below for more information about farms or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment
- Farming is an important occupation, because everyone needs food and clothing to survive.
- Farms produce all kinds of plants, animals, wool and cotton that people eat and utilize throughout the world.
- Before the twentieth century, the typical American family lived on a small farm. They raised almost everything they ate and sold their remaining crops and/or animals.
- Farmers work long, hard hours.
- There are less farms in the United States today than there were in the early 1900’s, but the ones that are working produce more.
- Scientific methods and labor-saving machinery have made farming increasingly productive.
- The development of improved plant varieties and fertilizers has helped significantly increase the yields of some major crops such as corn, soybeans and wheat.
- Scientific studies on livestock care and breeding have helped increase the amount of meat and products that animals produce.
- The use of tractors and other modern farm equipment has sharply reduced the need for farm workers.
- Today’s farmer is not just an expert in agriculture and livestock, but they also need to be successful businessmen.
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Farm Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about a farm which is a piece of land used to grow plants and/or raise animals for food. People who grow these plants or raise these animals are called farmers. This type of work is called farming.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Farm Facts
- Farm Dictionary
- A Day in the Life
- Tool Word Search
- Farm Tools
- Animal Farm
- Farm Products
- Farm True or False
- Crop Checklist
- Word Jumble
- Farms Now and Then
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Farm Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, November 20, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.