Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Winter is one of the four seasons that begins on the Winter Solstice and ends on the Vernal Equinox. It has the shortest days and the lowest temperatures of all the seasons. For more facts and information on Winter, see the list below or download the entire worksheet pack.
- Winter is one of the four seasons.
- It begins on the Winter Solstice and ends on the Vernal Equinox.
- Winter is the season with the shortest days and the lowest temperatures.
- Wind chill can cause problems during the winter. Wind chill is the combination of wind and temperature and is based on the rate of heat loss from exposed skin.
- When it is Winter in the Southern Hemisphere, it is Summer in the Northern Hemisphere. This occurs because the Southern Hemisphere is tilted away from the sun and the Northern Hemisphere faces the sun more directly because of the way the earth is tilting toward the sun.
- Trees and plants stop growing in the winter.
- Many animals hibernate or migrate away from the cold weather.
- In the United States, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Year’s Day, Presidents’ Day, Valentine’s Day and Ground Hog’s Day are all celebrated in the winter.
- Ice and snow are associated with Winter in many places on the earth.
- Besides snow, sleet, hail, and freezing rain are associated with winter.
This bundle includes 11 ready-to-use Winter worksheets that are perfect for students to learn about Winter one of the four seasons that begins on the Winter Solstice and ends on the Vernal Equinox. It has the shortest days and the lowest temperatures of all the seasons. Download our 11 worksheet pack which can be utilised within the classroom or home environment.
This download includes the following worksheets:
- Winter Facts
- Solstices and Equinoxes
- Migration Maze
- Wilson Bentley
- Snow Battle
- Past and Future Snowman
- Animals Prepare for Winter
- Code As Ice
- Winter Holidays
- Winter Crossword
- Winter Word Search
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.