Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
This entire Unit plan will give your students or children the entire education they need on all things surrounding the history of one of the greatest children's novelists of all time and perhaps his best ever work. With over 15 pages of challenging worksheets and activities this is a comprehensive unit plan to use in any learning environment.
The focus of this worksheet unit is around the BFG book with the upcoming release of the film. Students will be challenged through word searches, dream-catching & word creation; all concepts very close to the heart of the BFG novel. Each worksheet has been designed to specifically test the child's knowledge of the BFG book as well as core concepts which will aid their overall development. Below are listed the main concepts that students may understand by the completion of these worksheets.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and answer challenging questions based on the accompanying study guide & the BFG book
- Variety of worksheets and concepts to expand the students mind and align with common core study criteria.
- Key learning points:
- Focused completely around the BFG book. If you haven't read this novel then make sure you read it first!
- Encourages the student to apply knowledge learnt to their studies.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
- Worksheets aim to generate analysis and understanding of the book as well as core learning concepts.
- The student will actively reflect on their studies.
- Creativity is challenged throughout due to the nature of some of the worksheets.
Included in This Worksheet (PDF Format)
- 1: Roald Dahl Facts
- 2: Gobblefunk!
- 3: Gobblefunk Wordsearch
- 4: Dream-Catching
- 5: Mixing Dreams
- 6: Color-In the BFG
- 7: Draw a Giant
- 8: Giant Food
- 9: The BFG’s Breakfast
- 10: Maze to Giant Country
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as The BFG Roald Dahl Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, May 9, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.