Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
The gecko is a small to medium sized lizard that lives in warm climates. There are over 1,100 species of gecko and most of them have thousands of hair-like structures on their feet which help them to stick and climb slippery and flat surfaces.
Keep reading for more facts and information on geckos or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- Geckos are small to medium-sized lizards. They are found all over the world in warm climates.
- There are over 1,100 different species of geckos. Several species, such as the House Gecko, will enter houses and climb over the walls and ceilings eating insects. Many people also keep geckos as pets in aquariums. The most common pet gecko is the Leopard Gecko.
- Geckos range in size from 3/4 to 14 inches long.
- The life span of a gecko can be as long as 30 years.
- Most geckos are nocturnal.
- The largest gecko is the Tokay Gecko and the smallest is the Dwarf Gecko.
- Geckos come in a wide variety of colors, patterns and textures. Some geckos can change color like chameleons.
- Geckos are different from other lizards, because they use vocal chirps to communicate with each other.
- Although some geckos have claws, most have thousands of hair-like structures on their feet which allows them to stick to and climb slippery and flat surfaces. Most species of gecko have a clear membrane to protect the eyes instead of eyelids. They also lick this membrane to keep it clean.
- If a gecko accidentally loses its tail it has the ability to grow a new one.
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Gecko Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about the gecko which is a small to medium sized lizard that lives in warm climates. There are over 1,100 species of gecko and most of them have thousands of hair-like structures on their feet which help them to stick and climb slippery and flat surfaces.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Gecko Facts
- Quick Quiz
- Largest and Smallest
- Cretaceogecko – Word Creator
- Gecko-natomy – Labelling
- Fun Facts
- Rare Beauty – Gecko Match
- Gecko Pet – Pet Care
- Gecko Decode
- Gecko Maze
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Gecko Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, December 1, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.