Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
The origins of the haunted house date back to 19th century London when a series of illusions and attractions introduced the public to new forms of gruesome entertainment.
See the fact file below for more information on Haunted Houses or alternatively download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- In 1802, Marie Tussaud scandalized British audiences with an exhibition of wax sculptures of decapitated French figures. These included King Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, Marat and Robespierre.
- A haunted house is often perceived as being inhabited by disembodied spirits of the dead.
- The first documented haunted attraction was the Orton and Spooner Ghost House, in 1915, which was part of the Edwardian Fair in England.
- The popularity of haunted houses can be traced all the way back to ancient Egypt.
- Along with ancient Greeks and Romans, Egyptians were scaring away evil spirits.
- Ghosts, demons and the devil were portrayed throughout the rise of live theater during The Renaissance.
- Actors would strap pig’s bladders to their bodies that would burst to make it look like they were bleeding.
- The creepiest things happen to people living in haunted houses.
- Some see a young boy in a bathroom just staring at them.
- Some say there are faceless or headless men in haunted houses.
- Others hear terrible, bloodcurdling screams.
- Some children are able to see other children and actually play with them.
- Others feel like something or someone is standing beside them or hiding under the bed.
- In other cases, people hear footsteps going up and down the stairs.
- Nowadays, haunted houses are very common attractions, especially around Halloween.
- Haunted houses have special effects, costumed actors, scary monsters popping out, and a lot more to offer.
Haunted House Worksheets
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Haunted House worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about Haunted Houses of which the origins of the haunted house date back to 19th century London when a series of illusions and attractions introduced the public to new forms of gruesome entertainment.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Haunted House Facts
- What Am I?
- Top Three
- I See You
- Haunted History
- Movie Time
- Word Jumble
- Word Search
- Fright Night
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Haunted House Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, October 8, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.