Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
On November 28, 2005, the National Retail Federation’s website Shop.org made the marketing debut of “Cyber Monday” in the e-commerce community. Cyber Monday refers to the Monday after Thanksgiving in the United States when people are persuaded to shop online.
See the fact file below for more information about Cyber Monday or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- Ellen Davis and Scott Silverman said that the term “Cyber Monday” was based on the 2004 research which shows that one of the biggest online shopping holidays is the Monday after Thanksgiving.
- The highest online spending day was recorded during Cyber Monday in 2010.
- According to the International Business Times, Cyber Monday sales increased by $100 million each year since its debut in 2005.
- In the US in 2011, 22% of employers fired their employees due to them using work internet for non-work related activities such as online shopping during Cyber Monday.
- Amazon earns more than $48 billion each year, making it the most popular online store. Retail giants sell up to 320 products per second during peak hours of the day.
- Top items that are purchased online include apparel (31%), books and video games (28%) and electronics (25%).
- Cyber Monday is not an official holiday but is highly recognized by consumers and online retailers worldwide.
- In 2013, Black Friday was considered the second most popular time of the year to shop online with a 117% increase in sales compared to 170% during Cyber Monday. Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving that is usually the busiest time for both offline retailers and consumers.
- Online shopping has become more convenient for consumers during crowded holidays.
- Large retailers include Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. According to research conducted by Accenture, Webrooming is the new trend. The term webrooming means that shoppers tend to browse items that they want to buy before actually going to the local store to purchase them.
- Smartphones rank highest when it comes to Cyber Monday sales with a contribution of 24.9% to all online traffic during Cyber Monday. Tablets and desktops account for the rest of the sales.
- Showrooming also became a viral concept during the holiday shopping season. It refers to how buyers look for a local product and then check the same product online in an attempt to find a better price. Over 90% of shoppers consider discounts before buying and online shoppers tend to use price matching services to find better deals.
- Some shoppers that buy online prefer to go to local stores to collect their goods while others opt for deliveries.
- The largest carriers include UPS with over 500 million, USPS with 450 million and 290 million for FedEx.
- Over the years, online shopping culture has increased. The ten days prior to Christmas are still considered the busiest shopping days of the year. In addition to electronic commerce, eBay started “Green Monday.” which falls on the 2nd Monday of December.
- Most of the time, the items that are offered on Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the same.
- Other countries also observe Cyber Monday. The list includes Argentina (November 11), Canada (November 25), Chile (November 26), Columbia (November 26), India (December 12), Japan (December 10-16), Belgium, Germany, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Cyber Monday Worksheets
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Cyber Monday Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about Cyber Monday which refers to the Monday after Thanksgiving in the United States when people are persuaded to shop online.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Cyber Monday Facts
- Shopping Holidays
- Online Retailers
- Mapping Cyber Monday
- Best Seller
- Cyber Monday Acrostic
- E-commerce Glossary
- Let’s Go Online Shopping!
- Consumer Pie
- Cyber Consumerism
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Cyber Monday 2019 Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, October 1, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.