Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Carefully tracing words to familiarise children with writing
- Progression to half tracing. This gives the child more freedom
- Write the word yourself. Child has to successfully write the entire word.
- Further key learnings include:
- Concept of tracing, half tracing & writing entire word continues throughout worksheets.
- Students are subliminally challenged with more complex word(s).
- Three sets of progressive single word handwriting worksheets initially.
- Steady step up to writing two words while maintaining the animal theme
- Playful visuals throughout the engage child.
Included in this worksheet pack
1: Copy the Mouse Worksheet
2: Copy the Elephant Worksheet
3: Copy the Dinosaur Worksheet
4: Copy the Rattle Snake Worksheet
5: Copy the Tigers and Lions Worksheet
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Animal Themed Handwriting Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, March 26, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.