This set of book review templates and worksheets are an ideal way to make book reports fun and engaging for the students, help them to enjoy their reading and explore the story, the characters, the vocabulary and more!
Students Will Be Able To:
- Learn to research the book and its author
- Map the story, the main characters and their problems, and write about any solutions to those problems
- Explore the plot and be able to explain the beginning, the middle, and the end of the book
- Write profiles about the main characters and their character traits by using evidence from the text
- Understand common themes such as jealousy, ambition or bravery and explore the themes of the book in their review
- Improve their vocabulary by highlighting new words and defining them
- Reflect on the book and write about what they liked/disliked and their favorite or least favorite parts
This unit plan is available exclusively for Pro members. Not a member yet? For as little as $5 a month you can get instant access to hundreds of premium, Common Core aligned teaching resources - with more being added every month!
Book Review Worksheets Included (PDF format)
- All About the Book
- All About the Author
- Story Mapping
- All About Plot
- All About Theme Page
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Book Review Templates: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 13, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.