Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Persuasive speech is used to argue ‘for’ or ‘against’ a specific point. The aim is to start with a statement (which you either do or don’t agree with) and then use persuasive language to get other people to agree with your point of view. Persuasive speech could be used for a speech read by one person to a crowd, or for a group of people in a debate about a topic.
Of course it’s much easier to use persuasive speech if you pick a statement that you strongly agree or disagree with, but if you’re struggling for ideas then take a look at the following ideas.
100 Examples of Persuasive Speech Topics
1: The death penalty should be removed in all states.
2. The modern world is causing global warming to speed up.
3. The fast food industry is responsible for obesity.
4. People consume too much meat.
5. Violence in video games turns children into violent adults.
6. Plastic surgery should be free for everyone.
7. It should be mandatory for students to walk to school.
8. The legal drinking age needs to be raised.
9. Schools should teach children about body image.
10. Women are better leaders than men.
11. Our grandparents had a healthier diet than we do.
12. The President should step down.
13. All sports stars should be drug tested before every game.
14. University should be mandatory.
15. All children should be given vitamin supplements.
16. The voting age needs to be lowered.
17. Cars should carry a higher tax.
18. Not wearing a seat-belt needs to be made illegal.
19. Marijuana should be legalized in all states.
20. Children should be allowed to move out whenever they want.
21. Male and female players should be allowed on the same sports teams.
22. The world would be better without cars.
23. The USA could solve world hunger.
24. School should start later and finish earlier.
25. Abortion should be considered illegal.
26. It’s OK to use curse words on TV.
27. Suicide needs stricter legislation.
28. Fast food should be taxed.
29. Vitamins added to foods are essential for the future.
30. R-Rated films should be made available for younger viewers.
31. The UK is a better place to live than the US.
32. People in the USA are the happiest in the world.
33. Humans are responsible for the melting ice caps.
34. It should be illegal to leave school before 18.
35. The internet needs to be censored.
36. Speed limits need to be lowered in all towns.
37. Immigration should be limited.
38. Supermarkets should only sell organic fruit and vegetables.
39. People need to drink more water.
40. Women are equal to men in the workplace.
41. Homosexual men should not join the military.
42. We should all get at least 9 hours’ sleep each night.
43. There are aliens outside of our solar system.
44. We should take responsibility for homeless people.
45. Hallowe’en should be a national holiday.
46. Pets help to lower stress levels.
47. Everyone should get the day off on his or her birthday.
48. The world would be better if war was illegal.
49. Condoms should be given out for free in schools.
50. The US should become a dictatorship.
51. Teachers should wear uniforms.
52. Fast food should be banned in schools.
53. Health care should be free for everyone.
54. School holidays need to be twice as long.
55. Wi-fi should be available everywhere.
56. We all have the right to free speech.
57. Cycling is healthier than walking.
58. Sex education should be taught at a lower age.
59. The cost of alcohol needs to be reduced.
60. Gambling should be illegal.
61. Children should be required to read 100 books before leaving school.
62. The government should subsidize healthy restaurants.
63. All criminals should be sentenced to death.
64. Miracles are real.
65. Adoption should be encouraged.
66. Language should never be allowed to change.
67. Everyone in the world needs to speak English.
68. Religion has no place in schools.
69. Unmarried women should not have children.
70. Positive thinking can cure illness.
71. High heel shoes should carry an age rating.
72. The retirement age should be increased.
73. There is life after death.
74. Cats speak in different languages.
75. Going on a diet has no health benefits.
76. Donating blood should be mandatory.
77. All credit card debt should be written off.
78. The moon landing was faked.
79. Animals should be equal to humans.
80. Prostitution should be legalized.
81. Obama is the greatest President of all time.
82. A 3-day weekend should be introduced.
83. Guns should be made illegal.
84. Magazines should ban size zero models.
85. All teenagers should carry out community service.
86. All religion can be disproved by science.
87. The money spent on space exploration is a waste.
88. Private colleges are better than state colleges.
89. Social media will soon go out of fashion.
90. Silent letters in words should be removed.
91. Anyone can become a millionaire.
92. Dangerous animals should be killed.
93. Famous people set a bad example for children.
94. Athletes should never be allowed to move teams.
95. Teenagers should take parenting classes in school.
96. All students should have a year studying abroad.
97. Families don’t spend enough time together.
98. Internet access should be free.
99. Cigarettes should be more expensive.
100. Music videos promote an unhealthy lifestyle.
Persuasive Speech Worksheets
This bundle contains 5 ready-to-use worksheets that are perfect to test student knowledge and understanding of Persuasive speech which is used to argue ‘for’ or ‘against’ a specific point. The aim is to start with a statement (which you either do or don’t agree with) and then use persuasive language to get other people to agree with your point of view.
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Persuasive Speech Topic Examples & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, November 8, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.